#141 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostBackdrifter, on 02 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

ATG Tickets tweeted yesterday that they all went in 5 minutes.

No that is not true actually.

There is a fundamental conflict here, ATG are an agressively commercial organisation dedicated to screwing every last penny out of us through their add on fees for booking and credit cards and their membership scheme, yet here they are being asked to administer the distribution of tickets at way below market rates. No wonder they couldn't care less about complaints from people they have no interest in at all.

#142 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 04 March 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

No that is not true actually.

There is a fundamental conflict here, ATG are an agressively commercial organisation dedicated to screwing every last penny out of us through their add on fees for booking and credit cards and their membership scheme, yet here they are being asked to administer the distribution of tickets at way below market rates. No wonder they couldn't care less about complaints from people they have no interest in at all.

You might here be right.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#143 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Maybe more were held back for schools? Beyonce can sell a week at the O2 in under 10 minutes - dont we think a theatre could shift a few hundreds seats at a reduced price in a few minutes? Mr. McAvoy isn't far off hitting the higher ends of A list Hollywood - it might take him a few more years, but he's getting there.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#144 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 04 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Maybe more were held back for schools? Beyonce can sell a week at the O2 in under 10 minutes - dont we think a theatre could shift a few hundreds seats at a reduced price in a few minutes?

I was just saying they weren't all gone in 5 minutes because I got some after that. That's all.

#145 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

#146 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 05 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

It's not quite all. At what time did you put your tickets in your basket? At what time did you complete your transaction?

I didn't complete my transaction although I had tickets in the basket - like another correspondent above I was just practicing for the April dates - I selected them after, and I relased them well after, the "all gone" 5 minute deadline , and the apparently unbookable end of row seats remained after that too. If they are going to bother tweeting such an irrelavant piece of information at all then why make it up ?

#147 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 05 March 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

If they are going to bother tweeting such an irrelavant piece of information at all then why make it up ?
For the reason you hinted at before, I suppose. They don't actually give a toss, they know the tickets will all go even if not within "5 minutes", they can say that and it doesn't matter. Perhaps it's another take on the Steven Wright joke where a customer complains about the 24-hours shop being locked up by the shopkeeper - "But it says open 24 hours!" "Yes, but not in a row..."

By the way, if you and at least one other person are practising for a later booking with a dry run this time, might you have blocked March bookers who then gave up before you re-released your basket contents? Or have I misunderstood what you said?
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#148 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostBackdrifter, on 05 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

For the reason you hinted at before, I suppose. They don't actually give a toss, they know the tickets will all go even if not within "5 minutes", they can say that and it doesn't matter. Perhaps it's another take on the Steven Wright joke where a customer complains about the 24-hours shop being locked up by the shopkeeper - "But it says open 24 hours!" "Yes, but not in a row..."

By the way, if you and at least one other person are practising for a later booking with a dry run this time, might you have blocked March bookers who then gave up before you re-released your basket contents? Or have I misunderstood what you said?
I only looked on th day after you complained that there were no tickets left....and there were some back up again. I reckon sometimes people plump for what they can get and then have a little think before paying and release them back into the wild (or forget all their log in details and time out?)

#149 Minty

Minty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostLatecomer, on 05 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I only looked on th day after you complained that there were no tickets left....and there were some back up again. I reckon sometimes people plump for what they can get and then have a little think before paying and release them back into the wild (or forget all their log in details and time out?)

Argh!!

#150 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostBackdrifter, on 05 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yes, that certainly happened, but I don't care, it's every man for himself in the ATG booking pit. The dry run was very worthwhile, there are several quirks of the system that I now know about and it will enable me to have a much better chance to get better seats on the exact day I want next time (if I can be bothered to do it on Easter Monday).

On another point, they had a very short time set for you to pay for your tickets before they got re-released, I forget what but it was about 5-6 minutes, I imagine plenty of people struggling with credit card verification would have timed-out and had their tickets returned to the pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users