This comment is intentionally left blank

#152 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Has anyone done day seats for this? If so, what is the view like from them and any idea what time to get there on a Saturday to be in a chance to get two? Many thanks!

#153 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 06 March 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Has anyone done day seats for this? If so, what is the view like from them and any idea what time to get there on a Saturday to be in a chance to get two? Many thanks!

View is as good as from other stage seats - generally very good, but you get a sightly restricted view when you sit on the outer sides of the benches - only that is last row of them. The cast waits behind a curtain behind them when they are not on stage.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#154 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Does anyone know how it works for the Monday tickets if you are physically at the box office? Is there a greater chance of getting the tickets? I too tried for March and was unsuccessful.

#155 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostRedRose, on 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

View is as good as from other stage seats - generally very good, but you get a sightly restricted view when you sit on the outer sides of the benches - only that is last row of them. The cast waits behind a curtain behind them when they are not on stage.
Thank you!

Does anyone happen to know if the dayseat queue for thsi play starts early or not?

#156 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 06 March 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Thank you!

Does anyone happen to know if the dayseat queue for thsi play starts early or not?

Yes, it does and I can only imagine it will get earlier. I day-seated a week and a half ago, got there at 8 AM and was second in line. By 9:00 AM there were probably 15 people in line. My friends day-seated this past Saturday, got there at a little after 8 AM and barely got a seat for the matinee performance. There were already about 10 people in front of them.

#157 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for that, that's really helpful!

#158 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Mention of the dayseats above - I didn't realise they did this, but had heard there was a returns queue - where in the auditorium are the dayseats and how much are they? Thanks.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#159 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

They are £10, not sure where they're located though as people mentioned "on stage" and I am not familar with that theatre to know what that means exactly.

#160 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

They are £10, not sure where they're located though as people mentioned "on stage" and I am not familar with that theatre to know what that means exactly.
As I understand it, for this production they have built a bank of seats at the rear of the stage to create seats on all sides. However, the Theatremonkey site suggests the dayseats are allocated 'randomly', i.e. not a specific set of seats, so you take pot luck on where your dayseat might be. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not so keen to try for it if that's the case.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users