#161 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostBackdrifter, on 07 March 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

As I understand it, for this production they have built a bank of seats at the rear of the stage to create seats on all sides. However, the Theatremonkey site suggests the dayseats are allocated 'randomly', i.e. not a specific set of seats, so you take pot luck on where your dayseat might be. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not so keen to try for it if that's the case.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that. As it's such a small theatre though I assume all seats will have decent view, regardless of location?

#162 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 07 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that. As it's such a small theatre though I assume all seats will have decent view, regardless of location?
In its normal configuration (A single bank of seats facing the stage) yes the views are all good, at least in my experience, and I've been both front and back.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#163 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

All the views are good, leg room varies.

#164 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostBackdrifter, on 07 March 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

As I understand it, for this production they have built a bank of seats at the rear of the stage to create seats on all sides. However, the Theatremonkey site suggests the dayseats are allocated 'randomly', i.e. not a specific set of seats, so you take pot luck on where your dayseat might be. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not so keen to try for it if that's the case.

We were told (I day seated during previews) day seats are always last row on stage. Don't know if they changed that.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#165 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostRedRose, on 07 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

We were told (I day seated during previews) day seats are always last row on stage. Don't know if they changed that.
Okay thanks. That would work well for me, so will double-check and give it a try.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#166 Bovery

Bovery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Great article on Arts Beat - The New York Times arts blog, about James McAvoy in Macbeth and also Kate O'Flynn in Port:

LONDON — A cruel virus is gnawing at the entrails of James McAvoy, who is delivering a star turn that sears in the title role of Jamie Lloyd’s production of “Macbeth” at Trafalgar Studios. Among the symptoms: coughing, vomiting, gagging, falling down while hallucinating and smiling in the midst of dire situations, as if at some torturous private joke.

Johan Persson Jamie Lloyd’s production of “Macbeth,” at Trafalgar Studios in London.
Then there’s the matter of all that blood, his and others’, that’s usually visible on much of his body. But that seems to be less a symptom than a cause. This virile, able-bodied soldier has been felled by the habit of killing. Murdering people, even in the name of king and country, can make a man pathologically sick. Of course this one is also afflicted by what he calls, with wondering contempt, “vaulting ambition.”
Being ambitious is traditionally regarded with a warier eye in Britain than in the United States. And the toll it takes on the young and restless is being charted in two of the most sensational performances on London stages this season. In addition to Mr. McAvoy’s Thane of Cawdor, there’s the brilliant Kate O’Flynn’s Racheal Keats, the perpetually thwarted working-class heroine of Simon Stephens’s “Port” at the National Theater.

The rest is here: http://artsbeat.blog...d-the-restless/

#167 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

This is a good Macbeth. McAvoy is Premier League and I really enjoyed Claire Foy's performance. Very dark, moody adaptation. I thought the music accompanied the play well.

#168 Bovery

Bovery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Soutra Gilmour posted some amazing photographs from the Macbeth set on her tumblr: http://soutra.tumblr...mour-production

#169 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostBovery, on 10 March 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Soutra Gilmour posted some amazing photographs from the Macbeth set on her tumblr: http://soutra.tumblr...mour-production

Wow, those are gorgeous! Thanks for the link.

#170 Bovery

Bovery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postexuberantlyblue, on 10 March 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users