224 replies to this topic

#181 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

There have been tickets going for £160 each :o  I had no idea he was such a draw!

#182 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Blimey, I'd have flogged mine if I'd known that!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#183 Coated peanut

Coated peanut

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostBovery, on 12 March 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

I have a question for you...you said that you bought a return ticket for the matinee. Does one have to queue for those? And are returns sold only on the same day of the performance?

I assumed it was a return. I kept checking back online, originally there was nothing left in Feb, and later one performance had one single ticket in the middle of a row. It's possible that I overlooked it originally, but I was looking pretty hard. Got it a few days before the performance

#184 Bovery

Bovery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks! I never think about checking back the site, guess I'll do this often now.

#185 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Oh I bet those ATG shysters had a good laugh about that, for months put on your website that booking for Mondays will open at 10am on the first of each month then right at the last minute change it to 12pm, waste the whole morning for those cheapskate punters they hate so much.

#186 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 01 April 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Oh I bet those ATG shysters had a good laugh about that, for months put on your website that booking for Mondays will open at 10am on the first of each month then right at the last minute change it to 12pm, waste the whole morning for those cheapskate punters they hate so much.

Yeah, you see, it's a bank holiday and so because of that, online booking has to be pushed back....

No, me neither.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#187 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Managed to get a pair for the final Monday (22nd April). Not the easiest ticket buying experience I've ever had, but I got there in the end. Must've got a pair released from someone's basket, as I didn't get them 'til 12.15. I was on the website at 12, but in a queue for a few minutes and several ATG related issues thereafter. And they add the £3 fee (unlike Barclays Front Row, not that I'm a fan at all of that scheme) so it's £18 Mondays, or if you're getting two, £16.50 Mondays.

Looking forward to seeing it, esp as I had a ticket for March which I had to return (got money back though- kudos to ATG then, they were v helpful).

#188 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 01 April 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I bet they genuinely did have a right old April Fools chuckle at that, the wankers.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#189 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Right. I honestly just couldn't be bothered. I already avoid the Old Vic due to ATG and their stupid restrictions and absurd fees and the Donmar will be next. I will concentrate more on fringe venues, just like in the old days.

#190 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

The Old Vic is no longer ATG. It has its own website with its own booking system now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users