Jump to content


James Mcavoy - Macbeth At Trafalgar Studios


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#191 Epicoene

Epicoene

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The Old Vic is no longer ATG. It has its own website with its own booking system now.

Oh ? Good for them. I wonder why they dropped ATG ?  Or rather, I don't.

#192 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:London
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

    Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 01 April 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I already avoid the Old Vic due to ATG and their stupid restrictions and absurd fees and the Donmar will be next. I will concentrate more on fringe venues, just like in the old days.
Right with you on that, and have already pretty much eliminated ATG and other West End venues from my itinerary. Though good to hear at least the Old Vic is off ATG's system. All they need to do now is not hold all the front row for U25s (do they still do that?).
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#193 stewart

stewart

    Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 01 April 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Managed to get a pair for the final Monday (22nd April). Not the easiest ticket buying experience I've ever had, but I got there in the end. Must've got a pair released from someone's basket, as I didn't get them 'til 12.15. I was on the website at 12, but in a queue for a few minutes and several ATG related issues thereafter. And they add the £3 fee (unlike Barclays Front Row, not that I'm a fan at all of that scheme) so it's £18 Mondays, or if you're getting two, £16.50 Mondays.

Looking forward to seeing it, esp as I had a ticket for March which I had to return (got money back though- kudos to ATG then, they were v helpful).

Well, Pharaoh, if your tickets happen to be in row B, I imagine they are the ones I was forced to release. Thanks to ATG's lovely ticketing system, it completely timed out on me and when I refreshed the page I had four tickets in my basket. Well, when you try to pay for any of them it tells you you've exceeded the limit and must totally empty your basket and start over at the very beginning. By that time everything was gone. Lovely. I will certainly avoid using ATG in the future--if you're going to offer something, be able to back it up. Or at least provide a way to get rid of single tickets in your basket since the horrible ATG system can't work properly.

#194 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Poststewart, on 02 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well, Pharaoh, if your tickets happen to be in row B, I imagine they are the ones I was forced to release. Thanks to ATG's lovely ticketing system, it completely timed out on me and when I refreshed the page I had four tickets in my basket. Well, when you try to pay for any of them it tells you you've exceeded the limit and must totally empty your basket and start over at the very beginning. By that time everything was gone. Lovely. I will certainly avoid using ATG in the future--if you're going to offer something, be able to back it up. Or at least provide a way to get rid of single tickets in your basket since the horrible ATG system can't work properly.

Not row B, sadly. Row K. But I also had the same thing as you- got 4 in my basket at one point, wanted to remove 2, but had to remove all. Silly system. Had lovely seats in BB at one point!



#195 stewart

stewart

    Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Lucky that you got tickets again after having to empty your basket! Thankfully I've already seen it--was just hoping for a different perspective since I was onstage for the day seats the first time around.

#196 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well my persistence in continuing to get "best available" even after it had 'sold out' obviously paid off. Will now know for The Hothouse.



#197 Lynette

Lynette

    Advanced Member

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

How long is the time out feature? I mean how long have you got before they time you out ( horrid expression)?

#198 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

6 or 7 minutes I think usually? Mine messed up though and timed out early.



#199 Beth

Beth

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostLynette, on 02 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

How long is the time out feature? I mean how long have you got before they time you out ( horrid expression)?

It's generally 10 minutes, but I'm fairly sure that on Monday it was only 8 minutes.  I deliberately logged in in advance (because logging into ATG can be a very special experience), and got in the queue 50 minutes early, so I think that helped (success for me and Latecomer).

#200 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostBeth, on 02 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's generally 10 minutes, but I'm fairly sure that on Monday it was only 8 minutes.  I deliberately logged in in advance (because logging into ATG can be a very special experience), and got in the queue 50 minutes early, so I think that helped (success for me and Latecomer).

Well done- which Monday are you going?






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users