224 replies to this topic

#21 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

All the comedies would work - that old Comedy of Errors circa '77 is stll the best but yes, if trags then you've nailed it. I look forward 2013 Xmas Grandage offering.

#22 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

I missed the £25 tickets so will be hoping to see it on a Monday. How will this 'special outreach scheme' work, I wonder? The schools bit I get - pitch up at a comp in Lambeth and give a bunch to the English teacher. But how do you target first-time theatregoers? And how can I disguise myself as one so that I am reached out to?

#23 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostParsley, on 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

The poster for this looks awful.

Like a B-list movie!

View PostPharaoh, on 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Yep, awful poster.

That poster. Seen it before somewhere...

https://pbs.twimg.co...EWN6B.png:large

#24 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postyoung offender, on 11 December 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

But how do you target first-time theatregoers? And how can I disguise myself as one so that I am reached out to?

It's ok...you just have to be quick on the internet. I liked that Grandage thought all his £10 tickets were snapped up by "new people" as twitter was all of a buzz. Poor deluded fool. Still, who cares if they are deluded as long as we get the tickets. :lol:

#25 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

I know, sweet isn't it?

#26 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 07 December 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

I've gone for row M at 24.50 (+ 3 booking fee). 2nd March matinee for me.

I'm there then too.

#27 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Jamie Lloyd is one of those curious directors who continue to get work all over the place despite being never more than adequate. He must be well-connected. The Peter Gill de nos jours.

#28 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Jamie Lloyd is one of those curious directors who continue to get work all over the place despite being never more than adequate

I don't agree. I've seen a lot of his work (Inadmissable Evidence, Piaf, Passion, Polar Bears, concert of Company, Duchess of Malfi, She Stoops To Conquer, Little Dog Laughed & Three Days of Rain). I've generally been impressed with the productions.

#29 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Perhaps because his productions don't have a recognisable signature, general audiences can't identify his achievements. The same applies to many highly rated actors who presumably are a dream to work with, in rehearsal and performance, but who don't stand out in a way which is noticeable to the general public.

#30 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Inadmissible Evidence was wonderful because of Douglas Hodge, but I don't believe that Lloyd had no part to play in that.  And I loved She Stoops a little bit irrationally, but it'll still be in my top few of the year, because it appealed to me on some sort of almost childish, simple level, and I felt served the play - Goldsmith only wanted to entertain, after all...  His Cyrano, with Hodge, on Broadway got rave reviews, and I can imagine that being his sort of show.  Given that there was talk about that transferring briefly before Charlie, I wonder if that'll be one of the other three plays in Lloyd's little season, but somehow I doubt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users