224 replies to this topic

#41 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the info. Might try next month.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#42 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Managed to get mine too, selected best available and ended up with on stage seats. Hope they do actually stage it in the round so I don't spend the whole show admiring their backs like Equus.

#43 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Got mine no problem. I was online on the dot of 10am and got front row, just off centre for 25th Feb. Noticed the performances didn't appear in the "list view" but only in the "calendar view". Went back and looked at the plan after mine had gone through, there was only a pair left. Crazy times.

#44 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I totally forgot about monday seats going on sale, and usefully didn't see the ATG Facebook update about it until just now. I 'm going to have to set a reminder for next time.

#45 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Got mine, row C. I was going to go front row, but then remembered the stage can be high. But very happy with row C. Macbeth is one of my favourites, really looking forward to it!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#46 mona lisa

mona lisa

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi! I have a question about stagedooring at Trafalgar Studios. Me and my fiance are coming to see Macbeth from far abroad in a few weeks and we would love to wait for James McAvoy after the show to get him sign a programme for us. But knowing he is a "name" we are bit sceptical about this. Are the crowds outside the theatre really bad? Thanks a lot :)
Phantom of the Opera x19, Love Never Dies x4, Les Miserables x14, We Will Rock You 2x, Mamma Mia, Thriller Live 2x, Chicago 2x, Dirty Dancing, Wizard of Oz, Wicked, Jersey Boys, Blood Brothers, Evita on Broadway, Ghost on Broadway, JCS on Broadway, Spiderman - Turn Off the Dark, Spamalot, Taboo the Musical, Legally Blonde...

#47 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Wow, this is awesome! Onstage seats are fantastic, Macavoy is amazingly vibrant, Macduff outstanding, lady mac a bit meh and the whole production, loud violent and murky!

#48 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

has anyone attempted day seats yet? curious if there is much of a queue right now. trying to get tickets for next week.

#49 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I notice that the Trafalgar's website states: Please note, that tickets for this particular production can only be bought in pairs.
Too bad for all us solo theatre-goers. I know most of the tickets are sold now but a slightly worrying trend...

#50 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

The ATG tickets site says

Customers will be allowed to book a maximum of x2 tickets per person per booking.

Which makes more sense
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users