224 replies to this topic

#51 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Has anyone sat on the stage seats? Are they any good?

#52 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostRooster Byron, on 12 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Has anyone sat on the stage seats? Are they any good?

Yeah I was in AA11, it doesn't feel like you're obviously on stage like it did in Spring Awakening or Equus as they have really staged it well in traverse and I'd say the on stage seats are the better option as you feel really close to the action.

#53 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postmona lisa, on 11 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Hi! I have a question about stagedooring at Trafalgar Studios. Me and my fiance are coming to see Macbeth from far abroad in a few weeks and we would love to wait for James McAvoy after the show to get him sign a programme for us. But knowing he is a "name" we are bit sceptical about this. Are the crowds outside the theatre really bad? Thanks a lot :)

It's unusual for the Trafalgar to have a big name star so I don't think anyone will know what their stage door is like (actually, I don't even know where it is!) Not sure where you're from but there's much less of a culture of stagedooring in the UK than on Broadway for instance, so the stars won't necessarily be signing. There will no doubt be the usual cluster of slightly odd people with clipboards getting stuff signed to sell on ebay! Anyway, I'd give it a go and see what happens. There are plenty of pubs round there to drown your sorrows in if you don't get an autograph!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#54 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I think the stagedoor is down a side road on the left, just before you go through Admiralty Arch.

#55 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Is it the one with a 10 on the front with a policeman outside it?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#56 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

We stagedoored for James McAvoy when he was in Three Days of Rain, and it was totally fine - maybe ten people waiting.

#57 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I loved it, and Mr. James was just brilliant. The weakest link perhaps was Lady Macbeth - totally miscast. Lady Macbeth is the driving force behind her husband - she seems weak, timid and nothing against Macbeth in this, to the point you can't help but feel sorry for the wee lass getting caught up in it all. Strongest after Macbeth is Macduff. Some wonderful actors in this.

Staging is brilliant, and some interesting props are used. Randomly, they open a shutter at the back of the stage at one point, meaning I had a full view of the street for a few minutes. Very strange choice - quickest I've been from Scotland to London and back in my life!

As it was a Monday, plenty of school kids around, many of the screamers at lights out.

Niggle time though, and its really bugging me - they didn't open the doors until 19:15, which I've noticed is becoming a west end trend. This invariably means that shows aren't starting at 19:30, and for whatever reason this seems to become more acceptable over the last 12 months or so.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#58 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Does anybody know how many day seats are available and if you can get one or two?
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#59 Lou105

Lou105

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 12 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I think the stagedoor is down a side road on the left, just before you go through Admiralty Arch.

Yes- we went during the run of Top Girls and Betwixt and took four left turns, if you see what I mean! Very low key stagedoor at the time, apart from the aforementioned ebayers.

#60 everdecreasing

everdecreasing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Could anyone who has been confirm the running time? Can't seem to find it online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users