16 replies to this topic

#1 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Open at the Duchess for a limited run (1st Feb to 16th March), before The River moves in.

There was talk a few months back of it being the original Broadway cast, I hope that's still the case.

#2 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Open at the Duchess for a limited run (1st Feb to 16th March), before The River moves in.

There was talk a few months back of it being the original Broadway cast, I hope that's still the case.

Oliver Southgate producing? IF so, I'm pretty sure it's the Broadway cast.. a rumour of this coming in was going around for a while and I remember him blogging about it stating that the reason it was taking so long was to ensure that they could confirm the Broadway cast.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#3 ajblowing

ajblowing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Amazing if true!

#4 gabfree407

gabfree407

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

What is the title of the show?

#5 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

gabfree407, the title of the show is [title of show].

I bought tix for this yesterday.  Got a phone call from Nimax today saying that the tix should not have been on sale, as the show has not confirmed yet.  So don't uncross those fingers quite yet...

#6 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Don't see the tix (back) on sale for this... guess it's unlikely to be happening at the end of this month now!

#7 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

As far as my sources tell me this isn't happening...and won't be any time soon!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#8 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Need to wait for my refund then given I actually have two tickets in my possession for [title of show] on 18 Feb!

#9 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I would give the theatre a phone call...
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#10 ajblowing

ajblowing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 11 January 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

As far as my sources tell me this isn't happening...and won't be any time soon!

Not sure if anyone has watched the recent Broadway Chatterbox with the cast, but they talked quite a lot about the potential London transfer. Apparently it is going to be 3 of the 4 originals (I assume minus Susan Blackwell, as it was Hunter, Jeff and Heidi being interviewed). The impression I got was that it is definitely going to happen in 2013 but it' not official yet, so they don't know exact dates. They also mentioned that they weren't going to alter much at all in terms of the references to appeal to British audiences, preferring to keep it authentically American - which can only be a good thing.

As for who they can get for the 2nd female role, I have no idea who could step in!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users