58 replies to this topic

#11 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Daniel Evan's would make a great Higgins. Perhaps he is a little too young, but we can put talc in his hair!

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#12 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

It would cost a fortune to redesign the show to sit in a west end theatre and they won't spend that.

I've not seen it and I'm sure it's great, but the brilliant National Theatre version is still pretty fresh in people's minds.

#13 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Doesn't Cameron Mackintosh own the rights to any West End production, I imagine any transfer would involve him as a co-producer.

#14 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

According to Baz, they're looking to transfer My Fair Lady for a limited summer season but isn't Dominic West scheduled to appear in the West End transfer of The River? Also, most of the West End theatres seem to be booked up although I think the Gielgud and Vaudeville are both free in June but they might not be big enough.

#15 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostJon, on 04 January 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

According to Baz, they're looking to transfer My Fair Lady for a limited summer season but isn't Dominic West scheduled to appear in the West End transfer of The River? Also, most of the West End theatres seem to be booked up although I think the Gielgud and Vaudeville are both free in June but they might not be big enough.
The river transfer is off
This transfer won't happen for several months so it could be the Piccadilly, savoy, guilgud, haymarket,  Victoria palace, palladium or the palace

#16 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Savoy would be well suited but im getting strong feeling the victoria palace will be free this year

#17 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I think if Cameron Mackintosh is involved then it'll be most likely The Gielgud.

#18 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostJon, on 04 January 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

I think if Cameron Mackintosh is involved then it'll be most likely The Gielgud.
Not sure that makes financial sense

#19 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostTitan, on 04 January 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Savoy would be well suited but im getting strong feeling the victoria palace will be free this year

The Savoy has got Let it Be until October, The Victoria Palace is another possibility, guessing Billy Elliot will be closing in the first half of this year.

#20 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'd be surprised if Let It Be lasts until then. So The River can't still be fitted in? Wanted to see it. Also doesn't look like the Royal Court have released the script in their shop.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users