58 replies to this topic

#41 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

There was barely room for the 7 piece Spamalot band at the Pinter, I wonder how their My Fair Lady orchestra will squeeze in?

#42 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I hope it transfers because it was absolutely exquisite. Up there with Matilda for how joyous it was.

#43 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Oh I really hope this does transfer! Dominic West has already stated in an interview with the Guardian I think that if it were to transfer it would be with Carley! I think it would be a snug fit but a good fit at the Harold Pinter theatre! Even if it doesn't have a big pit, there are ways around it (band off stage/in rooms?). I think the name itself 'My Fair Lady' is a draw in itself as its so well know and with the already fantastic 5 star reviews, they already have great promotional material :) *fingers crossed*
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#44 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I saw this last night, was very lucky to book tickets just after Christmas, SO pleased I managed to get through the snow to see it, what a fantastic evening. Carley and Dominic gave brilliant performances and the Crucuble was a great intimate venue for it, very well staged.

Can't praise the production enough, superb. I hope it transfers so everyone can get a chance to see it.

#45 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

im not sure cameron is going to let it come in

#46 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Titan your correct, Cameron has said he isn't going to allow a transfer, as it will then put off any chance of reviving his own production in the near future.

#47 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Sad. I was really hoping it would come into town having missed it in Sheffield, such a shame.

#48 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Selfish Cameron! This production is wonderful and deserves a transfer! Sheffield Theatres deserves more recognition in my opinion as everything I've see produced there recently has been wonderful.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#49 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Agreed - the Crucible space is so well used making the Sheffield Theatres productions generally fabulous. I loved My Fair Lady, and although, for me it didnt quite top the Nationals production, it was still a fantastic production with gorgeous performances. It would be such a shame if it wasn't more widely seen.

#50 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

What about another cooperation with the Old Vic? Transfer next season. After the two Q&As and three performances of MFL I have been to my impression is that's the kind of thing they imagine - where they can trademark it as an original Crucible production.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users