#11 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postfringefan, on 12 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.  I've definitely never seen a West End version but was alarmed, after booking, to read that the Orange Tree had done this before, as I don't like to revisit a play unwittingly.  Plus farce really isn't my thing and I don't go to all the Orange Tree's Xmas productions, but I have so far found that only they can override my aversion.

Billington gave it 4* I see.

As an Orange Tree regular what is your opinion of the fact they use Stuart Fox in almost everything they stage ? It seems he's been in dozens of things there since the 1990s. Personally I find that sort of continuity of casting interesting, like the days when you could see Michael Bryant in plays at the NT on a continuous basis.

#12 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I enjoyed this, but not as much as I had anticipated. Firstly the only ticket available was the balcony, which wasn't a great viewpoint, and secondly I could not see the effects girl / guy / person. I laughed sure, but found much of it laboured, and I am bemused by the 4 & 5 * ratings.

I did thoroughly enjoy Ouriol Smiths performance as the deaf lady, completely confused by all goings-on! Vaguely reminiscent of the late Esma Cannon.
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users