#161 Cat6

Cat6

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postexuberantlyblue, on 16 March 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Huh? Is this because I like Mirren or because I adore Harold Wilson, or...? I'm confused.

BLue! I enjoyed your review. Thanks for taking all that time writing the play up for us.

What exactly did the corgis do?

#162 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostCat6, on 16 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

BLue! I enjoyed your review. Thanks for taking all that time writing the play up for us.

What exactly did the corgis do?

Aw, thanks! Sorry I was so longwinded, lol. I need to rein myself in!

The corgis didn't do much of anything except scamper about the stage and follow the Queen about (and frolic with the Young Elizabeth at the end). They were just Super Cute and their first appearance got the loudest collective "awww" I have ever heard.

#163 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

No it was just the Awesomes and Cutes... I was just intrigued !

#164 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

According to Baz today Helen Mirren will not be playing Queenie when the show transfers to another theatre, but she will go with the show to NY next year. I wonder who they will get to take the role??

#165 Cat6

Cat6

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hi!

I couldn't imagine who could play the Queen on Broadway. But look what I found:

Dame Helen Mirren is to reign over new subjects in the distant colony known as Broadway.
The award-winning star revealed that she will portray the Queen when Peter Morgan’s smash hit play The Audience transfers to New York in 12 months’ time.

http://www.dailymail...n-Broadway.html

#166 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

They are thinking of transferring The Audience to another theatre (the Geilgud has Private Lives booked in) but with another actress playing  HM as Helen Mirren has other commitments. I think the box office bonanza is almost completley due to Mirren reprising her Oscar winning film performance on stage. Could any other actress play it so well and have the same box office potential? Answers and suggestions on a postcard?

#167 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2091 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Sheridan Smith

They could rename it Regally Blonde
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#168 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

LOL

#169 blahblah

blahblah

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 29 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

They are thinking of transferring The Audience to another theatre (the Geilgud has Private Lives booked in) but with another actress playing  HM as Helen Mirren has other commitments. I think the box office bonanza is almost completley due to Mirren reprising her Oscar winning film performance on stage. Could any other actress play it so well and have the same box office potential? Answers and suggestions on a postcard?

Personally i don't think any other actress could pull it off like Helen Mirren, the play is selling out because of her, the same at the Noel Coward with Judi Dench. I think the producers would lose their profits currently being made if it transferred without Helen Mirren - it might do ok, but I don't think it would have the house full board out like they do at every performance now.

#170 Cat6

Cat6

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

totally agree with blahblah. I have tix for both shows blahblah mentions. Got tix on the strength of the leads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users