32 replies to this topic

#11 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Fantastic news, I had feared that this might be a rumour that wouldn't come to anything. I loved the Leicester Curve production, Caroline O'Connor was magnificent - but I imagine Imelda Staunton will make a great Rose too.

EDITED to add - Jenna Russell mentions Imelda as Rose in this broadway.com interview:

You mention Patti LuPone in Gypsy: Is that show on your radar?
Oh, please, who wouldn’t want to play Mama Rose? We don’t do it enough over here, although I know Imelda [Staunton] is doing it next year and she’ll be extraordinary. That’s one of those parts that if it ever comes up again, a lot of us will be poisoning one another to be the last man standing.

My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#12 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1296 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

It is not going to the National.. You clearly haven't got a clue!

#13 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 04 January 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

It is not going to the National.. You clearly haven't got a clue!
  Ignoring your unnecessary rudeness, Paultheatre tends to be right about these things. What is your evidence for him being wrong?

#14 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I've also heard it's going to the National. Been told by someone who was in the Leicester Curve production and has been asked to join the National production (which he can't due to being employed elsewhere already).

#15 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1296 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'll repeat... It's Not going to the national! Nick Hytner doesn't plan to do any revivals there .. And the musical they ARE doing is The Light Princess. As has been stated very clearly, this is a Chichester Festuval production... To play in London whilst the theatre is closed for refurbishment. Directed by Jonathan Kent and the creative team of Sweeney Todd.

#16 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well Imelda Staunton and indeed her husband are performing and being interviewed at David Bedella and friends on Thursday night. I went to the last event with Nigel Planer and he spilled some news about another big show of 2013 so hopefully Imelda will at this one! I'd thoroughly recommend the night btw, they seem to be a bit useless at promoting it so not many people know about it but the last one had amazing performances from Daniel Boys, Heather Headleys stand in and Ray Shell in a very cosy bar.

#17 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 07 January 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Well Imelda Staunton and indeed her husband are performing and being interviewed at David Bedella and friends on Thursday night. I went to the last event with Nigel Planer and he spilled some news about another big show of 2013 so hopefully Imelda will at this one! I'd thoroughly recommend the night btw, they seem to be a bit useless at promoting it so not many people know about it but the last one had amazing performances from Daniel Boys, Heather Headleys stand in and Ray Shell in a very cosy bar.

What news did Nigel give away ?

#18 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

He certainly did not give away who will be Grandpa Joe in that big new show that's coming ;)

#19 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

him? oh thats disappointing if true

#20 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members