7 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Tamsin Greig, one of my faves in this so I booked. Now tell me it will be a dud. John Sessions too. Not seen him on stage. Hampstead rockin at the moment [ apart from the Lipman which isn't well liked] Anyone else booking for this piece , based on Chekov?

#2 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yep, I fancied the idea of it to start with and also like Greig. I liked the Lipman too! 3rd April matinee. Taking husband...had better be good!

Best place to eat Belsize Kitchens ...just 5 mins stroll up the road. The Eton Mess recommended as is the queen scallop pasta dish. Menu on website out of date...you will have to trust me that it's fabulous!

http://www.belsizeki...o.uk/index.html

#3 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Not a big meringue person - are you confident about the Eton Mess?
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#4 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Latecomer and Beth rave about the Eton Mess but perhaps they can suggest a non meringue alternative

#5 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3750 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Old Money I really liked (see my thoughts on other thread) but the critics weren't as taken to it.

Want to see this, but at the moment can only squeeze in an evening.... and I don't like the thought of getting home to outside London from the sticks. Grr, I should stop being so silly!

#6 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostLatecomer, on 07 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yep, I fancied the idea of it to start with and also like Greig. I liked the Lipman too! 3rd April matinee. Taking husband...had better be good!

Best place to eat Belsize Kitchens ...just 5 mins stroll up the road. The Eton Mess recommended as is the queen scallop pasta dish. Menu on website out of date...you will have to trust me that it's fabulous!

http://www.belsizeki...o.uk/index.html

I think the BEST place to eat is round the corner from the Hampstead theatre - Bradleys (http://www.bradleysn...es/default.aspx) but it's not exactly cheap. Maureen Lipman has been seen eating there during the run of Old Money.

Booked for Longing as soon as I heard Tamsin Greig was in it! We'll try the Belsize Kitchen next time!
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#7 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes I am seeing this. Quite a coup for Ed Hall, me going I mean as I haven't seen anything at Hampstead for about 25 years, his quiet edging away from their tediously fundamentalist "new plays" policy is bearing fruit.

#8 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3750 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

The Print Room's Vanya, Iain Glen, has joined the cast.

Also tagged with Hampstead theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users