12 replies to this topic

#11 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

If you're looking for South West London theatres, the Rose, Kingston is great and, sadly doesn't seem to be doing very well so you can get good bargains (though the box office always, somewhat optimistically tries to sell you the most expensive ticket). I like Richmond too - cosy little theatre though, as  I go to matinees there, I tend to be 20 years younger than the rest of the audience.

#12 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 09 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

West End ticket prices are also absurd given the poor view you get from anywhere except centre-stalls.

That's a bit of an over-exaggerated generalisation, there are plenty of decent view seats of be had in side stalls and circles if you know where to sit in a particular theatre, and it's not hard to find out with a little research.   And not all tickets are wildly expensive if you book in good time or know where to look for deals.  Even as someone who doesn't go to the theatre in London that often I've become quickly attuned to that.

As far as theatre cleanliness goes, I agree that many of them are pretty rotten, though I've never been bitten by anyting or seen any mice/rats.  The standard of cleanliness, particularly in the restrooms, varies wildly though.  I think the Dominion and Apollo Victoria aren't bad usually, and the Shaftesbury and Savoy are some of the less pleasant ones I've been in...

#13 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

If you think the front of house is tatty, you should see some of the dressing rooms.
If it was an office or a factory, the management/owner would be in big trouble..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users