#11 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 30 January 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Oh well, ha ha, there we have it, the 50th anniversary of our National Theatre will be marked by a single one-night special production dismissed as a "greatest hits" event by the director. How inclusive and uplfting !

A single gala night to be broadcast to the entire nation on BBC2, accompanied by two Arena documentaries on BBC4. Also, a full history will be published. And you've been granted your wish of a new Lyttelton show directed by Richard Eyre. Meanwhile, we also have a slew of new work in The Shed. I think this covers the ground.

#12 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

A single gala night to be broadcast to the entire nation on BBC2, accompanied by two Arena documentaries on BBC4. Also, a full history will be published. And you've been granted your wish of a new Lyttelton show directed by Richard Eyre. Meanwhile, we also have a slew of new work in The Shed. I think this covers the ground.

Yes, how nice to mark the anniversary by allocating more hours to it on TV than in the theatre. I didn't wish for a new Richard Eyre show at all - must have been someone else (but I can't imagine who).

#13 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

WTF

#14 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nicholas Hytner has just been speaking to Mark Lawson on Radio 4's Front Row saying about possibly getting The History Boys back together for the French scene.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users