#11 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostTitan, on 22 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

I guess it will depend on scheduling. Manchester or Sunderland would make sense but i wouldnt assume just because its set up north that it will start there if availability doesnt allow

Sunderland has a gap between SITR and War Horse so Bily could slot in there but the Palace hasn't got anything scheduled after WSS, it just depends when they launch it, I imagine it'll be soon after it closes in London.

#12 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostCatniss, on 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

I've heard Anna Jane Casey is playing Mrs Wilkinson! She's going to be incredible - I've wanted het to do it for ages!
Hope this is correct as she'd be very good in the role, I'm sure.

Has anyone ever seen a captioned performance of Billy Elliot? How distracting is the captioning? I was thinking of trying to day seat for tomorrow matinee (weather permitting!) and on the website it says that performance will be captioned. Having inadvertantly seen a couple of sign language interpreted performances in the past & found the signer very distracting I wouldn't want to go to a captioned performance if the captioning is equally intrusive.

#13 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

I saw a captioned Billy performance back in 2009, it wasn't as distracting as I thought it would be, you get used to it after a couple of minutes.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#14 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostTitan, on 22 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

I guess it will depend on scheduling. Manchester or Sunderland would make sense but i wouldnt assume just because its set up north that it will start there if availability doesnt allow

Doesn't Manchester get them first? That's their 'catch phrase' I believe.

#15 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't last much longer. It's struggling to sell tickets and I think it's time a new show went to the VP. Billy will make a killing on tour..

#16 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostJME52K, on 22 March 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Doesn't Manchester get them first? That's their 'catch phrase' I believe.

I guess its true to an extent but its just a brand for ATG to sell productions like Ghost, 9 to 5, Wicked etc a lot of the big tours like The Lion King, Oliver! Started in other cities like Bristol and Cardiff but Manchester do get the lengthy runs, The Lion King will have five months in Manchester which is probably one of the longest stays for a touring show since Phantom and Les Mis back in the 90s.

View PostMrBarnaby, on 23 March 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't last much longer. It's struggling to sell tickets and I think it's time a new show went to the VP. Billy will make a killing on tour..

Its been discounting for a while so a closure wouldn't be a surprise. I imagine its expensive to run with the number of children involved.

#17 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

The Manchester gets it first thing is an ATG tagline, if they arent involved in producing then the dont have a say.  Im not sure if they are involved with BE

#18 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yes Billy Elliot must be expensive to run with all the teams of kids and training etc. An expensive show to tour too for the same reason. Ticket prices for these tours are reaching WE levels though.

#19 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, but as long as it is West End standard in terms of production values and cast I dont mind as much

#20 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

The show is touring the US so I imagine the UK tour will be similar to that, it wouldn't surprise me if they use the US tour set as its finishing in the US in June.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users