13 replies to this topic

#1 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

According to an interview with the Evening Standard, Cam Mack is planning revivals of both Moby Dick and Martin Guerre, the former for the US, and the latter for the West End (at least, that is how it is being reported).

http://www.standard....in-8442740.html

http://broadwayworld...Y-DICK-20130112

I guess with the Les Mis film and the looking likely Miss Saigon film, Boublil and Schonberg will be big names again, and I'd warrant big enough to generate interest in a year's worth of Martin Guerre at the Gielgud.

Moby Dick on the other hand... seems a little odd.

#2 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Moby Dick I think is being in a pub theatre, perhaps The Landor? Martin Guerre I like but I think it would struggle in the West End, I liked to see a UK tour.

#3 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostJon, on 13 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Moby Dick I think is being in a pub theatre, perhaps The Landor? Martin Guerre I like but I think it would struggle in the West End, I liked to see a UK tour.

Not sure if the Landor production is the same as the one that is being talked about here, as it implied as US tour, though the Landor are trying to do one.

#4 Brujon

Brujon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostJon, on 13 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

I agree Martin Guerre should be a UK tour. Oh I miss it!

#5 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

The Landor scheduled Moby Dick last year and had to cancel due to "rights issues". I'd love to see it again, I thought it was fun. Flawed, but fun.

#6 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Bring back Mary Poppins, if he wants to revive one of his shows, it should be this one...even just the touring version....I miss it so much :-(
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#7 theatrically

theatrically

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I saw Martin Guerre 1st time around - it was dreadful " He's There ... Its Martin Guerre" " who's there? It's Martin Guerre " hundreds of times

#8 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'd rather he focused on bringing Miss Saigon back to the West End for definite...

#9 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Landor production wasn't cancelled due to Rights Issues - more to do with a coke snorting producer who ran off with the shows budget!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#10 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Poppins WILL return - they're just waiting for a touring set to become free.
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users