• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bradley-Jollygoodfellow

Bradley-Jollygoodfellow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

London Theatre Direct tweeted today : GOSSIP: Hearing rumours of a Priscilla The Musical return to the West End... #WeBloodyWellHopeSo Wondering has anyone heard anything as much as I love the show think its too quick to be coming back but the Producers did say it was a regret closing the show in London first.

#2 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Won't happen. A show closes because not enough tickets are being sold... And then bring it back? Don't think so!

#3 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

The only possible reason could be if a theatre suddenly needs a tennant (piccadily) but as the tour hasnt even started yet it doesnt seem likely. that said, stranger things have happened

#4 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

It is possible - just like Spamalot as the new production is heavily scaled down, but then with them playing Wimbledon it wont be for a long while
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#5 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

The Spamalot tour was scaled down a lot,  I think Priscilla is possibly bigger judging by the theatres it's going to on tour, I think if it were to return to London, it would be in a 1000+ seater theatre.

#6 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

It's coming to the Wimbledon Theatre, which is sort of considered London... may just be PR Boll*cks!  Don't see this show returning.
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#7 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

The tour tickets are selling incredibly well, cities such as Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Wimbledon etc have pretty much sold most of the tickets! I would love for this show to come back to the West End and can see it selling better this time as more people are knowing about it and wanting to see it :)

#8 eastend_tom

eastend_tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Priscilla has/had an incredibly loyal fan base - I would have thought there are easily enough repeat attenders to make a short 2 or 3 week west end run as part of the current tour viable, especially if they do it around Christmas when you'll also appeal to group bookings. Add some celebrity casting and put it in an Ambassador Group theatre and there you have it.   They'll never know unless they give it a go ;)

#9 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's not viable to put it on in the west end for 2-3 weeks. And it's selling well elsewhere because they haven't seen the show yet.. London has.

#10 Priscillalover

Priscillalover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Won't happen. A show closes because not enough tickets are being sold... And then bring it back? Don't think so!

They didn't close it because of ticket sales, they closed it because they needed the bus and staging for the Brazilian production. The tickets were selling fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users