3 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Just received and filled in one of those surveys.....have you visited a theatre in the last year, ten years, ,millennium, ever blah blah. What are they for? I suppose to prove that people other than white middle class people go to the theatre. But this one did give me two boxes into which I could write comments on my feelings for the theatre. I think I stretched the box......feel better.

#2 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Well I've heard of pushing the envelope, Lynette, so assume stretching the box is similar.  But yes, these surveys can be hard to engage with, especially if - as in the case of the Almeida, for instance - the survey is always the same and there is never any feedback on the results.

#3 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostLynette, on 23 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Just received and filled in one of those surveys.....have you visited a theatre in the last year, ten years, ,millennium, ever blah blah. What are they for? I suppose to prove that people other than white middle class people go to the theatre. But this one did give me two boxes into which I could write comments on my feelings for the theatre. I think I stretched the box......feel better.

Yes, I always fill the comments box to bursting point giving them the benefit of my valuable views on a range of topics. I assume somehow they must be required by ACE because they all do them now and they are all very similar in format. This week I even got one from a theatre I have never been to but have booked tickets for months in advance - this did not stop me rating their productions in the survey.

#4 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Affinity groups?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users