- - - - -

Kristen Chenoweth Tickets Prices Omg ! You Guys !

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

To be fair, I doubt anyone takes out travel insurance for a trip to Manchester...

Of course people are disappointed, I don't blame them one bit.

#52 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

ajkb7926

Read my post again please .........
I did not say it was her fault
And I have made no mention of "taking it out on people in the call centre", In fact I have not even mentioned a call centre, mainly because I have not called one so not sure where you are coming from.

One thing I find strange though is that fact that tickets were being heavily discounted in the last few days including the stalls. I booked the day after tickets went on sale via the ENO website and they have a choose your own seat system. When I checked the stalls all seats were showing as being sold apart from a few at the back and that also applied to the dress circle. There were only about half left in the upper circle and the same with the balcony. Seems that these seats were not sold after all or were they being held for agencies?

#53 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

i just don't like how upset she's getting over people tweeting her horrible things. it shouldn't be taken up with her, this is obviously out of her control and us complaining and bitching about it won't change it. better to be productive and take it up with speculation on mass directly.

#54 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I know this is terrible behaviour by Spekulation but if I was her I'd fly over anyway and do a gig somewhere, she must have friends she can stay with. I know it's easier said than done but not impossible

#55 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

She can't do that because of work permit rules!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#56 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Do a free gig then, I realise it would be a logistical nightmare and it's the sort of stupid fanboy suggestion that would never happen but I do think she would get a lot of good PR out of a bad situation if she did.

#57 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

She'd also need a venue for free or that was at least available, and a backing band or orchestra and backing singers. Then there is sound, lighting, not to mention most flights for the next few weeks would be pretty much fully booked. If it was just her it might be possible, but it is so much more than just her.

#58 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

she couldnt just do it but she could with planning probably fund much of it herself. or she could have offered to lower her fee if shed known there were finance issues

organising a performers work permit is pretty basic stuff so its amazing they didnt do it

#59 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

my god, glad i read this forum, i was going wed night, no email or anything from the venue!

#60 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

martine mccutcheon could take over ...

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users