45 replies to this topic

#11 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Always happy to be proven wrong if it happens!
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#12 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Which I, for one, hope it never does..

#13 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 28 January 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Which I, for one, hope it never does..
Do you think you might be a snob?
Just a thought

#14 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3756 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

No, it's known as having taste :P

#15 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 28 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

No, it's known as having taste :P
The workshop was really good on Friday so lets wait and see

#16 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostJamiem, on 28 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

The workshop was really good on Friday so lets wait and see

Was that what was being shopped at the Soho?

#17 icecream

icecream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Dear god no. The West End can and should do better. This is out of date before it even starts and strikes me as just cynical and without merit. However 'funny' this is, we dont want this sort of rubbish on our London stage. What next? Big Brother The Musical?

#18 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

As much as I despise the idea for the TV programme, and have never personally watched it, I actually think that big brother is a much better premise for a musical as it is about the people's mind sets and how they interact, rather than what a large proportion of the X factor is (note I said most) which is talentless people going on stage singing badly and eventually being voted off!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#19 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I love the amount of people on here who write shows and ideas off before a full script and score has probably even been written and finalised, let alone even opened to the public. Just an observation.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#20 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostMS1995, on 28 January 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

As much as I despise the idea for the TV programme, and have never personally watched it, I actually think that big brother is a much better premise for a musical as it is about the people's mind sets and how they interact, rather than what a large proportion of the X factor is (note I said most) which is talentless people going on stage singing badly and eventually being voted off!

And both lend themselves to borrowing any good song you fancy - rather than trying to write a new musical with enough good songs in it - which seems too difficult in most cases  There's not that much difference though as the aspirations, artificial drama,  absurdities of the public vote and in some cases ability to sing are common to both shows. The X factor often does have good singers - they just don't usually win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users