• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

29th November 2013 to 11th January 2014
A Curve Production
Directed by Paul Kerryson

http://www.curveonli....php&showid=461

Just though you'd all be intrested, if I'm not mistaken, the first non-commercial production since it closed in the West End? Does this mean it could start amateurs performing it again?

#2 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Does this mean it might actually have a set? Not that I don't like the original sparing production but would be great to see a colourful production

#3 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

It would be nice to see Chicago done with the razzle dazzle it sings about. I think the final downfall of the London production was it charged the same as every other show, but you didn't see the money on stage. Well I suppose you did, multi-instrumentalists don't come cheep, but you get my point.

#4 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostFireFingers, on 28 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

It would be nice to see Chicago done with the razzle dazzle it sings about. I think the final downfall of the London production was it charged the same as every other show, but you didn't see the money on stage. Well I suppose you did, multi-instrumentalists don't come cheep, but you get my point.
No they don't come cheap your right, but there are plenty other shows that have the same size band if not biggerr that do fine with a set as well!

#5 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I personally love the Chicago that recently closed in the west end. I would love to see other interpretations of it, but from what I have seen at the Curve by Paul Kerryson I don't hold out much hope.

#6 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

A really uninspiring choice. This show has been running for the last decade for goodness sake!

#7 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well i will be interested to see what they do with this, but I agree with posters above, the curve has produced some brilliant musical in recent years, I doubt they will do anything particuarly special to make this too different from the the previous west end production. Surprised they have been granted rights, I thought the producers would have wanted to hold onto hope of there production touring the uk for a good few years to come.

#8 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

He said on local radio that he wanted to create a production more in keeping with the 1970s original.

I know people are "uninspired" but this is Curve's Christmas show, and as such is going for the festive, non-usual theatre-goer market.

A great improvement on feelgood, old fashioned, splashy shows like 42nd Street and Hello Dolly

#9 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I hardly class Chicago as a festive choice at Christmas !

#10 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

If it does indeed follow the 70's original I'll be very interested to see it.
I liked the minimalist approach of the revival but It would be great to see it as a fully blown theatrical piece
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users