2 replies to this topic

#1 Eastender

Eastender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I have just had a flyer from Groupline saying that now is the time to grab group booking tickets for the Curious Incident of the Dog etc etc at 'just £45'.
First of all OK this is Groupline - but they are all basically the same. No doubt I will get the same offer from See and others soon.
But £45 is never 'JUST'. This is a lot of money. Especially as these days the groups are shoved to the back at the side - but still in the top price band.
I have been organising groups for 20 years now and I am close to giving up. I can no longer get the best seats and the prices are starting to be stupidly expensive.  I used to be able to book AND PAY  months in advance but then I got top seats.
I am thinking of calling it a day after over 150 shows but I cannot offer my loyal thesps a good deal anymore.

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Groupline is not the same as booking direct with the theatre - if you insist on using thrid party agencies rather than the theatre owners own group lines - they all have them, then you will get stung with additional charges etc.

Whilst they are legally only allowed to sell the ticket at face value they can add any chrages for ticket handling etc they want (and they do)
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 Eastender

Eastender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Of course you also get a good perspective of how a show is doing.
Currently I can get best seats for Billy Elliot for under £30.
And blimey Phantom now there for £27.50 that is cheap. Maybe they are beginning to struggle to fill those seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users