141 replies to this topic

#51 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Interesting, thanks - it never occurs to me to check after public booking opens! Doesn't apply to all shows of course, the Cottlesloe shows tended not to be included in the Amex shows
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#52 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I can NEVER get that organised to book tickets......and if it sold out anyway before the public booking opens.... what chance do you have?

#53 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 15 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I can NEVER get that organised to book tickets......and if it sold out anyway before the public booking opens.... what chance do you have?

Tickets always crop up at the last minute as the returns policy at the National is so very good! So just look a couple of days before you fancy and there is usually something! Or there are always day tickets!

#54 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Will I get flamed if I point out that I'm a member of the public and I bought tickets some time ago because I'm a member of the public who pays for priority membership, just like anyone else is free to do?

#55 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the subsidized theatre sector shouldn't be for the benefit of people who can afford a £65 membership fee.

#56 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Lots of people who pay the £65 membership fee do so because they can then get the cheap £12 tickets, so save over the course of the year if they go often. There is also membership at £15,  but the £12 ones (for non-Travelex shows) generally sell out by then, so you just get advanced booking of the £47 stalls etc. But as Latecomer says, if you check the NT website now and then, you'll get tickets. There are ALWAYS returns or additional seats release during the run.  And of course, dayseats.

#57 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostLatecomer, on 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Tickets always crop up at the last minute as the returns policy at the National is so very good! So just look a couple of days before you fancy and there is usually something! Or there are always day tickets!

Yes VERY good tip - thankyou. I only want a single seat too which should help availability.

#58 musicals fan

musicals fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Unfortunately for me I have missed the initial booking for this, although I suspect that there will be additional perfomances arranged.

I am puzzled about the NT site - some dates are showing an open link, indicating that the performance isn't sold out, but every link reveals a "sold out" message.  Is there a glitch on this site and its online boking system?

#59 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yes, the new NT website often does that. V annoying.

And you;re right, there will be additional performances, right through to the end of Sept culminating with NT Live I believe.

#60 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 24 February 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yes, the new NT website often does that. V annoying.

I think it's one of the built in improvements....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users