The Silence Of The Sea,trafalgar Studios (Part Of The Donmar Season)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know it's late in the day as it finishes on Saturday, but has anyone else seen it? I saw it a couple of days ago, not under the best conditions, and I was very impressed.

#2 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I will be seeing it in 45 minutes!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#3 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Better hurry up and get down to Trafalgar Theatre then, you'll be late

#4 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I was bang on time and it was great

Really enjoyed this Donmar Trafalgar season, more consistent than the Donmar at the moment!

#5 Ruperto

Ruperto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

I saw this a couple of night ago - really enjoyed it too, though maybe not quite as much as the other two Donmar Trafalgars, The Promise and the Dance of Death. It was occasionally a touch 'minimal' and cryptic for my taste, but Leo Bill was great as the German officer who can't stop babbling in a seeming attempt to counter the brooding silence of the other two occupants of the house. And a fab soundscape - furniture scraping upstairs, etc

Also, I had Paddy Ashdown sitting a few seats away from me, which was a bit of a distraction! I think one of his companions was French, and - from my attempts to earwig their conversation as we left - it appeared that she wasn't that impressed by what she'd seen!

#6 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postxanderl, on 31 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I was bang on time and it was great

Really enjoyed this Donmar Trafalgar season, more consistent than the Donmar at the moment!
  Ah I see, you were using a modern mobile communication device. Or you are the prime minister or chancellor of the exchequer and live around the corner and I claim my five english pounds.

#7 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I am actually Prince Philip. It's just a quick pony and trap ride down the Mall.

Anyway, probably agree this was my least favourite of the three (best was Dance of Death), but on the whole a great season. Particularly liked the links between the three plays - all three handers, two men and one women, one of them a soldier, all trapped together in one room. Felt like the same set of relationships being explored in different settings in different times and differnet war zones - a bit like "Stop the Cavalry" by Jona Lewie ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users