5 replies to this topic

#1 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't know if there is a topic for this show, I can't find one, but I was just wondering if anyone had been to see it, what they thought, and what the restricted view seats are like/how close to the stage you need to be to be able to see properly. Thanks! ^_^

#2 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I saw it a few weeks ago, at a matinee and when it was still school hols, so packed with families.  It was very well done and a bit like an alternative to panto.  However, I went courtesy of a friend who got free tix, so for one thing, I can't say what day/restricted seats would be like (we had good seats in the front stalls) and for another, pleasant as it was, it's not the sort of thing I'd have paid to see.  But don't let that deter you; they do give it their all and if this your cup of tea, you should have a good time.

#3 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

I wouldn't want to sit too far back in the Criterion.  But when I saw it, ages ago, there were plenty of empty seats so one could move.  As to the show, fringefan is right, if it's your cup of tea....  It wasn't mine, but I have a low tolerance for silliness.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#4 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

The front row is incredibly close to the stage - it's not a comfortable viewing position (especially if you're at the sides) but if you can put up with a bit of neck-arching  it's worth the bargain.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#5 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostDeal J, on 01 February 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

The front row is incredibly close to the stage - it's not a comfortable viewing position (especially if you're at the sides) but if you can put up with a bit of neck-arching  it's worth the bargain.

Would it be better to sit in about row B kind of on the side, or in row H really far on the side??

#6 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

There are some good offers on top price tix for this at the moment

http://www.theatremo...loffers.htm#Cri

Saw it a few years ago, it's a fun show

"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic