• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MTom

MTom

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

The cast has just been announced for this year's Night of 1000 Stars (used to be Voices) and they're doing Hal Prince this year, so lots of of great shows to choose from!

http://www.whatsonst...e honoured.html

I've been to previous 1000 Voices concerts and always come away amazed. Some fab voices this year with people like Heather Headley and Debbie Kurup, particularly excited by Jason Robert Brown taking part! Wonder what he'll do!

#2 musical dreamer

musical dreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I just saw this advertised.  Deff going to book tix, looks like a good line up and, well, Hal Prince is just a legend!
Can't wait for Heather Headley, sensational voice!

#3 Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Got an email from WOS about this saying £38 off- top price tickets only £29.50 but when I rang the Albert Hall box office they wouldnt accept that offer- said it would be £29.50 off the top price ticket-  so I would pay £40 or so- am a bit peeved at the misleading offer.

#4 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Why don't you ring WoS and tell them ? They are always very helpful

#5 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I've enjoyed this before but think the line up is poor this year.

#6 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have never been as it always sells out b4 i decide to go but looks as if this year not sold so well. Is it because its lost its appeal or that there are not as many "names" as usual?
As for the Whatsonstage ad, I looked online and the stalls seats were coming up at £29.50 - I thought the stalls were the most expensive so presumably there are other seats more expensive.

#7 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

I think the grand tier is the most expensive at £67.50. Maybe they are struggling to sell these?  I've never sat in the arena section but from what I have heard the view isn't very good as there's no rake. I agree the line up doesn't thrill me, Brian Conley?? But the shows of Hal Prince are amongst my favourite and will be my first time for this event so am still looking forward to it.

#8 Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi again, well I couldn't find a telephone no for WOS so I went online in the end and managed to get a seat at the advertised WOS rate of £29.50 ( plus booking fee) but still this was cheaper than the WOS rate the box office wanted to charge me. It will be my first time at the Albert Hall so not sure if my seat in the stalls will be any good- I looked on their seating plan and theatremonkey's but I was none the wiser! Hey ho- I think in this case anyway I will just be glad to hear the music anyway and get the overall experience.

Can't wait for the WOS outing to Once on Monday.

P.S. Just heard from Theatre monkey that my seat in the stalls should be great as it is raised above the flat arena- so thanks for that- now I just have to hope the Hair Bear Bunch doesn't sit in front of me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users