16 replies to this topic

#1 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:09 AM

which show would you bring to the West End and who would you cast? (yep im bored at work today!)

Mine would be Disneys Aida with Kerry Ellis and Hadley Fraser, not sure who id cast as Aida off the top of my head. Id ideally put it in the Adelphi Theatre as well.

#2 jcajsjc

jcajsjc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:51 AM

I'd try and get Our House on a UK Tour before a limit (with a possible extension) run in London at The Phoenix Theatre.

Also, I'd try and get West Side Story back into London, at The Shaftesbury - it needs a big show. An all time classic!

#3 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

I'd revive Funny Girl and put it into the Victoria Palace or the Prince of Wales.  Not sure who Id cast - possibly Joanna Riding.

I'd also want to bring back West Side Story and I agree with jcajsjc, I'd put it into the Shaftesbury.  I'd want Katie Knight Adams in it.  She may be crap in Phantom but she was anything but crap in the last West Side Story I saw back in the 90's.  She was fabulous in that!
I won't be called a baggage!

#4 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

If I was paying for the show with lottery money and hence didn't need the show to run at a profit, the show I'd produce would be Schafer and Levin's "Drat! The Cat!" The score is just about the best of all the shows I adore but have never seen. The 1997 studio cast recording was very well received so the musical does appear to have potential, and I'd love a chance to see the entire show.

At the same time I'm also a bit nervous about the idea. One of my other favourite scores is "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever". The music is fantastic and the Broadway cast recording with Barbara Harris should be in everyone's collection, but the book stinks like a dead skunk on a dung-heap on a hot summer's day and when I finally got the chance to see the show on stage I was terribly disappointed. I fear Drat! The Cat! might turn out the same.

Nevertheless, if I had the money to spend Drat! The Cat! is what I'd bring to the stage. I have some ideas about casting but I don't like to say.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

I'd produce a concert version of Carrie with the remaining original cast members!!!

#6 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

"Sweeney" with Phil Quast and Imelda Staunton and "Cabaret" with Robert Downey or Adrian Lester and Idina Menzel (providing she can do a convincing London accent!!)

Sebastian

#7 musicmancjay

musicmancjay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'd get either SideShow or Taboo with the Broadway score/orchestration with the London script back into town.
"Just when he should have been lying, he's telling the truth!"

#8 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

I'd put on a revival of Gypsy starring either EP or Elaine Paige and put in the Shaftesbury or fund a transfer Light in the Piazza for a limited run at NT Olivier Theatre.

#9 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

Well if others are going to do Our House and Light in the Piazza, I would put together a touring production of The Witches of Eastwick with the flying scene intact  (out over the audience) smile.gif
"Don't you DARE use 'party' as a verb in my shop!"

#10 Wickalot Q

Wickalot Q

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

I Agree with the Our House Tour

Also would love to see Sweet Charity,  perhaps Prince of Wales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users