118 replies to this topic

#1 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Did anyone try and get the first set of Front Row tickets this morning? After my success with Julius Caesar, I was hopeful it'd be a similar experience. Alas, while there was apparently availability on all performances I tried, not one of them would let me select any tickets. Boo. Will have to try again next week.

#2 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I tried and succeeded - first time it's happened.  I struck out four times with Julius Caesar and finally paid full price.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#3 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Wow, well done, mallardo.  I would really love to get a £10 ticket for this so shall have to keep hoping.  At least it's quite a long run, and people have even mentioned returns.

#4 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I tried and succeeded - first time it's happened. I struck out four times with Julius Caesar and finally paid full price

Well done! We seem to be having the opposite experience. I got JC tickets first try with no issue at all, the whole transaction was like a hot knife in butter. So I was lulled into a false sense of security.

#5 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Oddly, I was less "ready" for this one than any other - perhaps that's the secret.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#6 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yes, a friend of mine with fast fingers go some but it is "only" side circle.  We already had row C side circle for that night anyway, so we may or may not be able to shift those. If we'd landed stalls seats, I'd be happy to pay £25 and just have the row C circle seats go empty or give them away, but never mind.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#7 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

The difference between row A and row C is HUGE though. I was side circle row A for Julius Caesar and it was absolutely fine.

#8 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I always think row C they have effectively put you on a picture hook on the wall.....

#9 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Was in row C for The Physicists. For £10, I really can't complain about them. Missed VERY little of the show and was not uncomfortable.

#10 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Going to make another attempt for £10 tix today, but as I've yet to be successful, could anyone here please answer the following:
does the Donmar still charge a booking fee for these tix?  (If so, whilst still cheap, they wouldn't really cost only £10, would they?)  And if you are an ATG member so not liable to pay any fees, is it best to log in as such first, then try to book, or do you have the opportunity to log in afterwards if you've managed to grab any tix, before checking out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users