4 replies to this topic

#1 Laridar

Laridar

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

Dear Paris,

In three months my college orchestra is going on tour to Disneyland Paris! Our college permits us to have two days in which we are allowed to site see and I want to finally ask my girl friend to marry me!

cool.gif

Where would the perfect place to take her and "pop the question?"
I have never been to Paris and would love your help I have searched all over and found a few sources of the common places to see in paris.

What is there near Disneyland?

Thank you,
Larry Armstrong

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5133 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

If this is a serious enquiry , then my serious answer is that you ask her before you go. The last time I went to Paris there was  a fire on the Eurostar, desperate delays and extra expense returning. You can have all sorts of mishaps, lost luggage, broken glasses, upset stomachs, irritations with fellow players, muggings [ watch out for the metro, they wait for the tourists, lots of pick pockets there, more than London] and so on. You will face it all better as an engaged couple and will avoid having to worry about what you say when. Also you can concentrate of playing and enjoying your spare time sight seeing. Believe me, I know of what I speak.. smile.gif

All the very best to you both.

#3 Miriam

Miriam

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Laridar @ Jun 17 2009, 11:21 PM) View Post
Dear Paris,

In three months my college orchestra is going on tour to Disneyland Paris! Our college permits us to have two days in which we are allowed to site see and I want to finally ask my girl friend to marry me!

cool.gif

Where would the perfect place to take her and "pop the question?"
]places to see in paris[.

What is there near Disneyland?

Thank you,
Larry Armstrong

Hi Larry, why not go up to the first floor of the Eiffel Tower when it gets dark and propose when all the lights start flashing biggrin.gif

#4 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:10 AM

I doubt that this is genuine, we tend to get a few of these from time to time that are mainly a more subtle form of spamming - peddling hotels, airlines and other things that they are simply dying to tell us about, though there is a slight chance that this might possibly be real. But would someone that was genuinely asking about this post such a question in the Working in Theatre forum?
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#5 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

Why would someone ask a bunch of complete strangers for such important advice? Agree with Jenny, almost certainly a spammer.

Thread closed - it is not even remotely theatre connected.. Also link removed from above posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users