• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 joback

joback

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:43 AM

As Ruthie has pulled out of a 1000 Voices ,I wonder if that means she possibly could be having another stint as Velma Kelly in Chicago starting the next day?!

#2 damedave

damedave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

That is soooo annoying. I was so looking forward to seeing Ruthie in it.

#3 ukmusic

ukmusic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Musicals

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(damedave @ Mar 15 2007, 11:00 AM) View Post
That is soooo annoying. I was so looking forward to seeing Ruthie in it.

Do not worry Annette McLaughlin is still doing the show and she is far superior in every department than Ruthie. Annette is the complete performer, professional in every aspect.
Lola

#4 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(ukmusic @ Mar 15 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post
Do not worry Annette McLaughlin is still doing the show and she is far superior in every department than Ruthie. Annette is the complete performer, professional in every aspect.
As you've already said elsewhere. If you are inferring that Ruthie is not professional I can say, having worked with her, I would absolutely contradict that view. As to whether she is a complete performer (whatever that means) I would admit that her tightrope walking and underwater ballet skills still need a bit of work....

Sebastian

#5 Simba

Simba

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

She comitted to something and let people buy tickets and then pulled out without giving a real reason, so as far as I am concerned that is unprofessional and in my opinion trying to say as its a charity that is okay to do that.

#6 ukmusic

ukmusic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Musicals

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 15 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post
As you've already said elsewhere. If you are inferring that Ruthie is not professional I can say, having worked with her, I would absolutely contradict that view. As to whether she is a complete performer (whatever that means) I would admit that her tightrope walking and underwater ballet skills still need a bit of work....

Sebastian

I never said Ruthie was not professional, may I suggest you read my messages again. I said Annette was professional in her performance. My only criticism of Ruthie would be with respect it may be nice if she gave a reason why she has pulled out, maybe she is going back io Chicago which of course is a paid job and I for one would no blame her if that was the case. Maybe as you know her you can tell us why she has pulled out and not let people make there own assumptions.
I was never questioning her ability as a performer but in my opinion she is not as good as Annette is every aspect, singing, dance, stage craft.

Lola

#7 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(ukmusic @ Mar 15 2007, 02:29 PM) View Post
I never said Ruthie was not professional, may I suggest you read my messages again. I said Annette was professional in her performance. My only criticism of Ruthie would be with respect it may be nice if she gave a reason why she has pulled out, maybe she is going back io Chicago which of course is a paid job and I for one would no blame her if that was the case. Maybe as you know her you can tell us why she has pulled out and not let people make there own assumptions.
I was never questioning her ability as a performer but in my opinion she is not as good as Annette is every aspect, singing, dance, stage craft.
I didn't say I know her - I said I had worked with her (when she was on "les Mis"). If I claimed to "know" everyone I have worked with during my career I would probably be worthy of treatment. Pardon me if I misread your post but the way you phrased it sounded like a direct comparison.

Sebastian

#8 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

Why is Annette being brought in to compare with Ruthie? Both are such different actresses and I luv them both! Annette is obviously more leggy and has a more classical-sounding belt and Ruthie's Velma is more in-your-face and she's also very versatile. I realise her recent stint as Velma isnt her best but (I know its not an excuse) she's just had a baby so it's kinda unerstandable.

#9 abi_la_diva

abi_la_diva

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Simba @ Mar 15 2007, 03:19 PM) View Post
She comitted to something and let people buy tickets and then pulled out without giving a real reason, so as far as I am concerned that is unprofessional and in my opinion trying to say as its a charity that is okay to do that.

Ruthie's name was publisised beofr eshe'd even signed up to do it. The people who run her website contacted ehr to fin out wether it was true or not and she didn't know anything about it. I think it's understandable that she'spulled out. I do have a problem wit show still advertising her as pperforming, that;;s mis informing people and it's unfair.
I will be rainbow high!

Because I knew you.. I have been changed for good

As someone told me lately everyone deserves a chance to fly![color=#800080]

Kerry Ellis IS Elphaba

#10 Meirion

Meirion

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(abi_la_diva @ Mar 31 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
Ruthie's name was publisised beofr eshe'd even signed up to do it. The people who run her website contacted ehr to fin out wether it was true or not and she didn't know anything about it. I think it's understandable that she'spulled out. I do have a problem wit show still advertising her as pperforming, that;;s mis informing people and it's unfair.

Why did her official site state:

"Ruthie has today confirmed that she will be appearing in this year's "Night Of 1000 Voices" at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 6th May."

...when according to you, she knew nothing about it when the pople who run her site asked her! Why would they post that statemement on the site if she told them she was never involved in the show???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users