No replies to this topic

#1 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

So in the wake of his autotune nightmare and Matilda opening on broadway I've seen a lot of press about Minchin. In everything at the minute he seems to say his focus is on theatre which is great news as far as I'm concerned, he say's he is working on an adaptation of a film, does anyone know what this could be? Also he is writing an animated musical as he thinks we are due another Lion King or Aladdin. He also says he want's to write a musical based on an idea he's had for ages;

“It’s about fate and destiny – it’s star-crossed lovers with some gods. It’s very Greek, actually, but it’s going to be very modern and weird and it’s the coming together of many strands – kind of almost Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels... it’s an explosion of butterfly-wing flaps mucking it up for lovers. It’s a bit Sondheim-style, and what’s interesting about the couple is that they don’t meet until the very, very end. They keep missing each other but we know from the beginning that they’re destined for one another. So it’s as though Romeo and Juliet didn’t meet until the moment of the poison.”

I think that sounds cool in a Jason Robert Brown kind of a way. Anyway I thought I'd open a thread to discuss his projects in case anyone has any extra knowledge. I think he is going to be (maybe already is) the next massive thing in musical theatre, like a universally popular Sondheim.

Also tagged with Tim Minchin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users