52 replies to this topic

#41 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Went back again tonight and took a friend (who unfortunately got there late and missed the first couple of numbers). Loved it just as much this time.

And damn, those songs get stuck in your head. ^_^  I was singing "Tailor-Made Man" and "We've Got Time" allll the way home. They'd better make a soundtrack, because I'd snap one up in a heartbeat. (Especially if it had a lyrics booklet - I caught more this time, but some of the ensemble lines continued to escape me.)

#42 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postexuberantlyblue, on 20 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Went back again tonight and took a friend (who unfortunately got there late and missed the first couple of numbers). Loved it just as much this time.

And damn, those songs get stuck in your head. ^_^  I was singing "Tailor-Made Man" and "We've Got Time" allll the way home. They'd better make a soundtrack, because I'd snap one up in a heartbeat. (Especially if it had a lyrics booklet - I caught more this time, but some of the ensemble lines continued to escape me.)

That was really fast for a second visit!

And yes those two songs are my favourite from the show! Such tender emotions in the songs...

Is a soundtrack on the cards? There seems to be a great demand for it. I'd get one myself if it is. Replaying the only track on their website isn't sufficient anymore =P

#43 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postxy_whitefaerie, on 21 March 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

That was really fast for a second visit!

And yes those two songs are my favourite from the show! Such tender emotions in the songs...

Is a soundtrack on the cards? There seems to be a great demand for it. I'd get one myself if it is. Replaying the only track on their website isn't sufficient anymore =P

Hee, my friend wanted to go, so yeah, we went pretty quickly. :D

I really hope a soundtrack is on the cards. It's the world premiere, after all - they should make an "Original Cast" version. There's some illegally taped footage up on Youtube but it's a) not much and b ) illegal. I want a proper soundtrack. :)

#44 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Ah yes the footage on youtube. I have to admit I did listen to them after I came back from the show because the songs were stuck in my head. But the gigglings were a bit distracting. So yes to a proper soundtrack!

#45 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I finally got to see this on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't sure what I'd make of it as it didn't really appeal to me, I only went to see a certain member of the cast. I was really pleased to get a second row ticket for £15 - the box office offered me a day seat which I didn't know they did. The stage is very high though, I'd say on a comparison with the Prince Edward. The very front row had sold out by the time I got my ticket, which I'm glad of now as I don't think I would have liked sitting there, even from the second row I found I was looking up.

I thought all the cast were great, Dylan in particular was excellent. I'm pleased I went but wouldn't rush to go again as it wasn't really my thing. I thought the ending was very sudden and not at all what I was expecting after reading on here it was emotional. It looked like only about half of the seats in the stalls were sold, which I think was a shame, I'm surprised I hadn't seen more advertising for the show, especially on the Tube.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#46 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

I know especially with BT heading in there next.. Cast felt that it was all about bom & ACL when they started!!!

#47 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Seeing this again today.
There's still £20 tickets available on Ticketmaster, so don't be shy and see it on its last day!
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#48 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Saw it again last night.
Still thought it was a lovely piece. Hope it lives on in some form.

#49 TheatreDust

TheatreDust

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes, I got to see it twice during the run, including the very first preview.  I loved it and hope we see it return again in the future.  A shame that tickets didn't sell a bit faster.

#50 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Of the 57 performances, my friend has seen 37 of them, I think it was the writer who said she has seen it more than he has :blink:
Have to say, it didnt really appeal to me, the story (based on real life events) was interesting, but the music didn't really do anything for me
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users