7 replies to this topic

#1 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I was lucky enough to see this last night at The Riverside Studio in Hammersmith.

It really was one of the most bizzare musicals I have seen but with some very catchy numbers with excellent singing and dancing.

The only way I could do this production justice is to say bizzare but brilliant.

Go see it with an open mind - do not expect to fully understand what is going on, just sit back, relax and laugh - but a word of warning - if you are sitting on the coffee tables get your dancing shoes on and be prepared to play a small part in this production
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#2 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

That sums the show up well I think. Very enjoyable.

#3 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

There is a thread on this somewhere else, but you're right abs2512 it is bizarre and brilliant, we loved it and I raved extensively on my blog http://www.frontrowd...-sunday-13.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#4 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Saw the show last month and I thought it was so much fun! It's sweet, silly, very funny, the actors were great (the lead girl in particular has a wonderful voice), the tunes are catchy and the musical is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It's a shame not many people seemed to know about this particular production (I admit I'd never been to Riverside Studios myself before venturing over there for this musical), which means that it wasn't very full when I went. Hopefully this got better later on in the run? They certainly deserved a packed audience!

#5 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

The location of this venue is out of the way though. It was my first visit when I saw this show and it was not busy.

#6 Florence

Florence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Been to see this twice. Fantastic show with lots of singing and dancing excellently performed. It is like a series of comedy sketches which you will enjoy. The venue at the Riverside studios is lovely and is well worth a visit. Only on till the beginning of March.

#7 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I've seen this show 3 times already; the last was this production at the Riverside 2 years ago.

We're taking friends to see it on 24 Feb. It is utterly charming; as has been said, the audience must suspend beilef for a couple of hours. Do that, and a magical time will be had by all.

Highly recommended (and I am a theatregoer pure and simple - I have nothing to do with the production, in case you ask).
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#8 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostFlorence, on 18 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Been to see this twice. Fantastic show with lots of singing and dancing excellently performed. It is like a series of comedy sketches which you will enjoy. The venue at the Riverside studios is lovely and is well worth a visit. Only on till the beginning of March.
I went on Saturday: third time I have seen this year's production.  I saw it four times when it was on two years ago.  I think it is such a lovely show with an excellent cast.  I am glad there are lots of people in the current production who were in it last time.
I hope to get to see it one more time before it closes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users