#33 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Just noticed my blog got a mention on here.

It really was appalling behaviour by Whatsonstage. Obviously it was clear who would be winning in a lot (if not most) of the categories. And usually the winners are notified days before the event anyway.

However, the disrespect shown towards hard working performers who just happen to be a little less "popular" was shocking.

#34 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

That is quite unbelievable, what an insult not to even be considered worthy of a 'good' seat, even if you know you stand no chance of winning!! Not to mention the humiliation of having everyone know from the start you didnt win, as I think a comment on the blog mentioned...They have all worked so hard and should be extremely proud to have been nominated!!

#35 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

West End Frame has an article about the evening, it is not positive....

#36 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

If it was open to all and sundry.. And especially anyone famous, where on earth was Cate Blanchett who gave the most sensational performance in the last year.????

#37 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostSteffi, on 19 February 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Just noticed my blog got a mention on here.

It really was appalling behaviour by Whatsonstage. Obviously it was clear who would be winning in a lot (if not most) of the categories. And usually the winners are notified days before the event anyway.

However, the disrespect shown towards hard working performers who just happen to be a little less "popular" was shocking.

Would you be willing to say which nominees were seated in the cheap seats? Was it a lot of them? I wonder if maybe they wanted to sit with friends or something like that. The whole thing is a bit of a shambles by the look of it. I remember when it started and tickets were really reasonable, I stopped going last year.

#38 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

A lot of people are taking everything very seriously... come on.. it was a one off evening, brilliantly funny hosts and a general good laugh. Its always a bit of a mad night and it must be hard to organise so please just give the WOS staff some credit and lets all look forward to next years shenanigans.

#39 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

View Postserpentstoooth, on 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

This is interesting, can't believe they would have less famous nominees sitting separately! http://confessionsof...-class-society/

Wow this is terrible! How dreadful for the nominees.

#40 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postsamsam1985, on 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

A lot of people are taking everything very seriously... come on.. it was a one off evening, brilliantly funny hosts and a general good laugh. Its always a bit of a mad night and it must be hard to organise so please just give the WOS staff some credit and lets all look forward to next years shenanigans.

It's about simple respect.  It wouldn't have been hard for WOS to treat all the nominees equally and sit them somewhere in the stalls, but they didn't do it.  Even the Oscars and all the major awards manage to show all their nominees respect, so I'm afraid the WOS staff don't deserve credit here, their seating arrangements were disgraceful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users