68 replies to this topic

#41 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

if you want your awards (and your business) to be treated seriously then you have to be professional so the 'its just a bit of fun' excuse doesnt fly.  The venues and promotion for these awards have been getting bigger each year but wos professionalism hasnt matched this.

wos seems to care more about ticket sales and sponsors/advertising than being a valuable theatre website. i now mostly just visit the forum as the website has little info these days.

#42 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 19 February 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Would you be willing to say which nominees were seated in the cheap seats? Was it a lot of them? I wonder if maybe they wanted to sit with friends or something like that. The whole thing is a bit of a shambles by the look of it. I remember when it started and tickets were really reasonable, I stopped going last year.

I'd rather not post any names as I'm not sure said nominees would be happy about being named.
However, one of the nominees seated in the Dress Circle is a friend of mine and I know for sure that he wasn't sitting there willingly. In fact he left the show in the interval because he felt he wasn't wanted there anyway.

#43 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostSteffi, on 20 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

I'd rather not post any names as I'm not sure said nominees would be happy about being named.
However, one of the nominees seated in the Dress Circle is a friend of mine and I know for sure that he wasn't sitting there willingly. In fact he left the show in the interval because he felt he wasn't wanted there anyway.

Wow, in that case it really is uber shocking!

#44 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postsamsam1985, on 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

A lot of people are taking everything very seriously... come on.. it was a one off evening, brilliantly funny hosts and a general good laugh. Its always a bit of a mad night and it must be hard to organise so please just give the WOS staff some credit and lets all look forward to next years shenanigans.
People aren't "taking everything very seriously" they are reacting reasonably to what is divisive and disrespectful behaviour by WOS, apparently. The "oh come on it's a bit of fun" defence is over-used and it definitely doesn't apply here. Though I suppose you could argue it's WOS simply acknowledging the reality of how people vote. I wouldn't, but some might.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#45 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

It is shoddy, unprofessional and shows a total lack of respect to the nominees and even the validity of their own awards.
www.frontrowdress.com

#46 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

A former student of mine, and a Musical Theatre Nominee for a major West End show, said on his Facebook page that he has been given tickets for the Circle alongside a very talented writer,
who had also been shoved upstairs.

He says it was a dreadful shame that this occurred at a huge industry night for our business.

This comment has attracted over 120 "likes" from people in the business.

I am sure there was ample room in the stalls for all the nominees and their guests, so who occupied all the other 500 plus seats in the stalls?

#47 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

There were quite a few Stalls tickets available to the general public.

#48 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Do WOS read these forums? If they did they'd get a lot of useful feedback!!

#49 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostGavin, on 20 February 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

There were quite a few Stalls tickets available to the general public.

So why was in neccessary to behave so unprofessionaly?

#50 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

They also kept releasing more, I'm guessing as the 'important vip's' RVSP'd not attending!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users