#51 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostMinsky, on 20 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

So why was in neccessary to behave so unprofessionaly?

Because they'd get more money by selling stalls seats to the public, than giving the not-very-famous nominees them and selling upper circle ones instead. It's all about the ££.

#52 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

The lack of comment from WOS on this issue is just exacerbating their unprofessionalism.  The awards are a joke anyway because the household names always win when not all of them deserve it, but this just ruins the WOS awards reputation even further.

#53 Warmington

Warmington

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Relegating nominees to the circle is appalling.  I am imagining them picking up their tickets with a glimmer of hope only to be kicked in the teeth and 'sent to the circle!'.  At that point I think I would've turned around and gone home to watch Dancing on Ice!  To not even read out the nominee names was also unbelievably insensitive - poor show WOS.

#54 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

WOS has certainly been reading this. I've seen Admin a couple of times down at the bottom under the "users reading this topic" thingy.
So, WOS, what do you say?

#55 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostWarmington, on 20 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

To not even read out the nominee names was also unbelievably insensitive - poor show WOS.

I didn't watch any of it so didn't realise that had happened!  How utterly rude, that's inexcusable.

#56 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 19 February 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

If it was open to all and sundry.. And especially anyone famous, where on earth was Cate Blanchett who gave the most sensational performance in the last year.????

God!

Do you think someone like Cate Blanchett would be seen dead at something like the WOS awards??!!??!!

She can actually act and has won an oscar

:D

Have just watched 2 mins of the "footage"

What's with the red brothel lighting?
And I have seen people dress up better in order to go to Nandos!!

#57 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostWarmington, on 20 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

To not even read out the nominee names was also unbelievably insensitive - poor show WOS.
I may be wrong but didn't Rufus even say something like 'there are so many I can be bothered to read them out [the nominees] so read them yourselves and if you can't read, go **** yourself' ??

#58 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just asking but was this disrespect a result of pre ceremony hospitality? Just asking.

#59 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostCatqc, on 20 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I may be wrong but didn't Rufus even say something like 'there are so many I can be bothered to read them out [the nominees] so read them yourselves and if you can't read, go **** yourself' ??
haha if he did then that's impossibly rude!

#60 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Watching the show online Rufus definitely said, "its been decided that were we to read out all the nominations it would take far too long, so for all of the sacrifices, all of the hard work both you and your families have made - if you can't read go F&^% yourself" I'm sure he meant it as a joke but it kind of sums up the attitude. I wonder if he knew that when he was referring to the 'pikey scumbags' in the cheap seats he was talking to the nominees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users