33 replies to this topic

#11 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

No that isnt correct. You can book online too. I was a member last year and booked online, but I didnt renew this year.

#12 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

No - you can book online and select seats.

#13 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

You can get Minerva tickets without being a friend quite easily if you're on the ball. They always release additional seats once sightlines have been confirmed too. The main house (and I assume the tent this year) takes some time to sell out.

I am a friend, and you can book online. There is also a postal booking form and phone booking, which no doubt pleases the vast majority of Chichester's audiences.

#14 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Oh thank you all for that info, much appreciated. May join to get Pajama Game tix, but then the cost of that is a seat on its own. What with being a Mayflower & Donmar member its expensive to keep up with it all

#15 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Good cast for the Pajama Game.  Now that could transfer very easily

Barnum - I am not sure about logistics there, depends on the production.
Friends who auditioned for the ensemble say it was one of the hardest and fastest sets they have had to learn, but I have heard no word about acro or circus skills.

I remember Michael Crawford on a tightrope and swinging down from a stage box.

#16 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Well a circus skill consultant is credited, so I assume (and hope) there is some tightrope walking or flying trapeze. They'd be fools not to with a big top at their disposal.

#17 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Vicki Amedume, credited as circus consultant, trained in French circus and is artistic director of her own circus theatre company so sounds ideal for creating a total circus ambience for the show, and not just teaching performers a few basic circus skills. Liam Steel, co-director and choreographer, was an extraordinarily charismatic performer in physically and emotionally risky dance and physical theatre, so should be able to beef up a circus atmosphere.

Jonathan Church explains in The Stage news that there are just two main house shows, instead of the usual four, because of the cost of building Theatre in the Park and because of the "additional business risk" associated with the capital project. However, on the plus side, the temporary venue will allow CFT to "go to town with flooding the stage" for Neville's Island.

I must say that all six summer shows appear extraordinarily strong on paper in their respective genres.

#18 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 21 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Oh thank you all for that info, much appreciated. May join to get Pajama Game tix, but then the cost of that is a seat on its own. What with being a Mayflower & Donmar member its expensive to keep up with it all

I've looked at booking shows at Chichester quite a while after public booking opens, for the main house stuff it is generally fine. Particularly if you get in quickly after public booking you should be fine
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#19 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I can't wait to see Pajama Game and Barnum. The others sound interesting at best.

I thoroughly recommend Arturo Ui. Maybe I will go and see it again.
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#20 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

As a non-member, I've never had a problem booking for shows in the main house once allowed to do so.  I'd only be aiming for the cheaper seats, though, what with the fare doubling the overall cost or more.  I've never seen a completely full house in the main auditorium, either, though it may happen.  The main issue I have is with the much higher prices in the Minerva, meaning you either have to take a chance and splash out, or risk waiting for the reviews and missing out because the Minerva sells out so much faster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users