15 replies to this topic

#11 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

I guess they changed the Lyric to keep it more fun and topical, like Avenue Q in NYC always changes lines to keep up with current news stories, so I guess they just wanted to try and emulate that and stay current!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#12 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostMS1995, on 13 June 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

I guess they changed the Lyric to keep it more fun and topical, like Avenue Q in NYC always changes lines to keep up with current news stories, so I guess they just wanted to try and emulate that and stay current!

The London one didn't! It was still using "SWINE FLU! Is only for nooowww" like 3 years after it happened.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#13 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostCoggit, on 13 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

The London one didn't! It was still using "SWINE FLU! Is only for nooowww" like 3 years after it happened.

When I saw it in the 2011 tour it was "JEDWARD is only for now"  even though it was less than 2 years after they were on X Factor (but roughly the same time as they represented Ireland for Eurovision)

In 2012 it was "JUSTIN BIEBER". Say no more...

#14 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm quite impressed with how quickly they update it - lots of new jokes since I went last time (and that was only 5 weeks ago or so); William and the Baby, a different one about Justin Bieber, one about the Greek foreign minister....

However I was a bit disappointed with the King Arthur (Robin Armstrong, I think) - he was extremely half-hearted and looked bored the whole time, didn't throw himself into the role at all...I hope Joe Pasquale does a better job.

There was also something very wrong with their sound equipment - it was absolutely deafening throughout the first act except for one of the speeches by the Historian where his mic wasnt working at all so we couldn't hear a word he said! All that said, it was still a fun night :)

#15 musicalslive

musicalslive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Does this show dayseats or studentdiscount?

#16 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Quote Magazine25 for top price seats for £25 Mon-Thur
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users