- - - - -

Will Chichester's "pajama Game" Transfer To The West End?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 showtoones

showtoones

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

With a stellar production team and the likes of Joanna Riding and Hadley Frasier, I would think a transfer is all but certain, but is the plan to move it to The West End in the Summer or Fall?

Any help would be appreciated!

ST

#2 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

i wouldnt assume a transfer is definate. its got no recognisable names in it and the show itself isnt widely known. Barnum is the one the effort is going into to transfer. maybe if it gets raves there might be a chance but i wouldnt assume

very few of the minerva musicals have transferred in the past even with great creative teams

#3 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think the key to the transfer will be if a theatre has a window. Can't see it doing more than say 4 months in the West End, but if a theatre had a 4 month window between shows, then I could see it happening.

#4 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

She Loves Me of 2011 had a great creative team and cast (inc Dianne Pilkington) and was an utter joy from start to finish, but that didn't transfer, so I wouldn't hold out for it. If you want to see it, try and make the effort to go to Chichester. The Minerva is a great space, too. One of my favourite theatres anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users