137 replies to this topic

#101 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Article in Daily Mail claims that Il Divo forgot the words to their song in rehearsals & it was axed.

http://www.dailymail...get-lyrics.html

I wonder what they were going to sing? They performed the night I was there as backing to Michael Ball - with the lyric on the autocue; I pointed it out to my husband that they needed the words!

I guess that's why we were kept waiting outside so long, thanks Il Divo for holding everything up...

#102 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I thought denise and kimberley, heather headley, ben forster and michael ball (far too cheesy and camp) were all quite poor

Sierra boggess and tim minchin were good overall. Mylene did a great performance although miming

Nicole was surprisingly very good

Sam barks was excellent

#103 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I wasn't a fan of Kimberley, but I've enjoyed all other performances. I'm not a huge fan of Michael Ball's voice, but meh!

But Nicole! I know she gets a lot of bad press... but she is amazing... Did you see the look on her face! Who knew she was such a good actress?!?!

What did you think of the overture of his new musical?  I actually enjoyed it a lot.

I'm a bit sad that they've shunned Love Never Dies :(!  I wish there was another programme as there are so many awesome songs that have been missed out.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#104 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

DVO and Kimberly Walsh were so embarrasing I had to fast forward it. AWFUL. And Chris Moyles

#105 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

I actually thought chris moyles was ok, for that role it worked ok. Ben forster is out of his depth

Nicole could have saved the broadway evita if she could handle 6 shows a week.  she was a real surprise

Loads of shows and songs were left out. No surprise really. The new show music was v promising

#106 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostTitan, on 31 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I actually thought chris moyles was ok, for that role it worked ok. Ben forster is out of his depth

Nicole could have saved the broadway evita if she could handle 6 shows a week.  she was a real surprise

Loads of shows and songs were left out. No surprise really. The new show music was v promising

We'll more than likely see Nicole on the stage once her pop career begins to die down.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#107 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think the problem with musicals is that they always seem so cheesy on TV. All that over emoting.
I though Samantha Barks was the least cheesy.. And sung beautifully.

Didn't think Heather was bad... But didn't like the girl in the mirror.

Michael Ball is a total cheese fest though.

The excerpt from JCS made me glad I've not seen it. A camp Jesus... Mel C singing terribly and the awful
Chris Moyles. If I had studied at drama school in musical theatre I'd be livid these roles go to these amateurs.

#108 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I thought heather was awful. Ridiculous facial expressions, her accent stuck out, arms overacting. If i didnt know her that performance would have put me off seeing bodyguard. She looked posessed

#109 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I loved her in Aida... But I no longer think she's as talented as she was. Her voice makes me nervous. I don't feel comfortable listening to her as I think she always sounds like she might mess up

#110 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostTitan, on 31 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I thought heather was awful. Ridiculous facial expressions, her accent stuck out, arms overacting. If i didnt know her that performance would have put me off seeing bodyguard. She looked posessed

All my family commented on her ridiculous facial expressions, makes me realise I dont want to see The Bodyguard unless its at a matinee when Heather isnt performing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users