137 replies to this topic

#111 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

i think she is very very over-rated. (heather)

#112 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Its a shame as i used to love her but shes unreliable to actually see in a show and her voice isnt as cobsistant as it was.

#113 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nicole Scherzinger ....Wow. I was really impressed by her..

#114 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nicole and Sierra were incredible and Sam Barks looks to be maturing each time I see her, a very measured and composed performance. Agree re: Heather's facial expressions which were on occasion quite disturbing; but there is something so chilling about the power and control of her voice, which I love.

Myleene's number was a great spectacle but a shame her voice was so clearly auto tuned. I wondered about Michael miming too; I think it was in All I Ask Of You, he finished very early but still thought I could hear his voice.

Thought Denise and Kimberley were so-so. I love Kimberley as a person and she's done very well for herself but there's no hiding the fact her voice is weak and the fact she was out-sung by Denise says enough for me.

I actually really like Tim, Ben and Mel. Think the latter two's voices work well together but can see why they're not everyone's cup of tea. Just cringed horrifically at Chris Moyles as Herod though, however much I like him.

But on the whole, I thought it was a very good watch :)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#115 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1214 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Nicole, Sierra and Samantha were by far the best. Nicole stole the show for me. The rest of it was all very am dram and poorly produced - a wasted opportunity to showcase ALW career. Why didn't Elaine Paige perform?

#116 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Mylene must have been miming. It sounded too odd to be live or auto tuned

#117 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, miming to an auto tuned recording of her own voice I think!
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#118 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Was Sherzinger actually singing live. Ive heard there was a possibility she wasnt.

#119 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

I only caught the last hour.  I quite liked Michael Ball - sometimes cheese isn't bad and he's still a decent singer.  Sam Barks is going to be a star.  Nicole Sherzinger was fine but, at the risk of sounding immature, was wearing a dress that almost turned her solo into a duet.  Chris Moyles looked like he'd just got out of bed.  Milos seemed like he was there as a name and it didn't seem like a decent song to show off the musical, mostly because it was stripped back for guitar and thus didn't give a feel for the piece.  Enjoyable fluff of a TV show - the most fun I've had on ITV all year.

#120 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostJD094, on 31 March 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yeah, miming to an auto tuned recording of her own voice I think!

I would have thought that was inevitable given the water being poured over  Mylene .you wouldn't want the noise of water splashing or gurgling  -   or a singing star being electrocuted in close up on live TV.

Sam's getting better and better and did well with a song thats  not an obvious one for her. Why they let Chris Moyles go on and on and didn't give Melanie, who can  sing, a longer section was bizarre. The Phantom bit was a bit odd - we got two great singers -  but  after ALW talked about how young the characters  were in the story I found Michael didn't look or sound quite right, and even a young looking Sierra reminded me how good she was as was as an older Christine in LND .

Thought the numbers with some ensemble support showed what might have been,  and some of the  numbers reminded me favourably of how they were done by some other recent people -  including several on/from  his own TV shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users