The song was mimed in bombay dreams so its no surprise she mimed on tv

#122 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Quite entertaining show, i was at the recording for half the show so got to see the JCSS numbers and some of the interview with ALW. I think the 2nd night recording had the best acts though so missed out on that.
Denise wiped the floor with Kimberley singing wise.
Now I might be wrong but I wonder if Heather Hedleys song was re-recorded as on the night she was not good at all, and even heard one of the stage managers say she had sung it in the wrong key. It seemed far better on TV last night so dont know if they did something. Saying that I still didnt like it as her voice does not suit that number

#123 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Nicole wasn't miming. She did two takes & both were very good.

#124 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 25 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Piggie Paige will be there for sure.

You're not reffering to her laugh are you? It drives me insane! Listen to her prog on Sunday because of the music but I much preferred it when Barbara Windsor did it (and she's has a slightly less irritating laugh as well).

#125 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Is it just me, but I find it really offensive when people call Elaine Paige "piggie Paige" Not funny or clever.

#126 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

I dont find it offensive but agree not funny or clever and also in this case wrong

#127 BrumCub

BrumCub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Theme Parks ... and lots of others that I can't put on here ;-)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

finally watched this now ... was ok, but not as great as I was expecting - at the end I thought was that it? With so many adverts, and so much chatting there just wasn't enough music ... anyway, thought Nicole was great and would have loved to see her do Shakalaka Baby in all honesty.

#128 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

The adverts were ridiculous and it was also very sycophantic, especially ball and alw

#129 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Agreed quite fun, Nicole Sherzinger was great, Van Outen and Walsh looked uncomfortable. Sierra was stunning. I don't know why Mylene Klas did Bombay Dreams, she's not Indian is she?

#130 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Just watched it, thought Sam Barks and Nicole Scherzinger were fabulous, the highlights of the show for me.  Nicole was a real surprise, and Sam is going to be a huge star, she was perfect, plus they sang two of my favourite ALW songs so positives all round :)

I wonder if I was watching a bad stream on ITV player because it looked to me as if Sierra and Michael were miming very badly, though they both sounded great.

Denise van Outen and Kimberley Walsh were awful, and Heather Headley was so bad it made me wonder how on earth she has the lead in a West End show.  I was half thinking of checking out the Bodyguard at some point but I'll be booking for a day when she's not there if her performance on this is any indication of what she's like onstage!

I fast-forwarded the JCS bit and lasted about 20 seconds of Myleene Klass before I skipped that too, I'm not a fan of Bombay Dreams anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users