137 replies to this topic

#31 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Excellent, will do! WOS forum represents! (I need to get a life)

#32 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

I have tickets for this on Sunday but I believe they are general tickets so no guaranteed entry! Plus neither the jubilee or metropolitan lines are running to wembley park over the weekend! I think I'll cancel mine!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#33 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mark_21! I wouldn't have checked whether the tube stations would be closed until the day, so it looks like I'll be travelling to Wembley Central rather than Wembley Park on Sunday! :)

Looking forward to the show...would be great if people going on Saturday could inform us what happens and who appears etc etc!

#34 figgy1978

figgy1978

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

There is also a recording at 11:30pm on the Saturday night.  They have said it is an extra recording but can't say how long it will be.  One of the shows going there after their Saturday performance?

#35 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I got an e mail from them this afternoon offering to change my "first come first served" tickets to guaranteed entry and I have taken them up on the offer. Great news as it means I wont have to queue for a couple of hours.
I wonder if some people have returned their tickets due to the tube problems?
Looks as if you take the Jubilee Line to Willesden Green you can get a rail replacement bus to Wembly instead

#36 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I cancelled mine as coming from east London it would have been a trek as it is, but with the tubes down and the chance of not even getting entry I thought it was best to leave it, especially in this weather!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#37 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Anyone have any idea what sort of time these things usually finish?

#38 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostABowlerHat, on 14 March 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Anyone have any idea what sort of time these things usually finish?

It can vary a lot, been to some that only take a few hours.

I'd say it'll finish about 10, possibly a bit later. Though someone above says that they are doing a bit at 11:30pm on the Saturday. But I guess that means they don't expect the Sunday one to go on that late.

At any rate, you can leave at any time. Tell one of the managers in a break, and if you are down the front they will move people to fill the gap you have left.

#39 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

My ticket for sat is now guaranteed too :) and so i'll be able to ask the queue what time they arrived to plan for sunday.

#40 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I believe Heather Headley is apearing on the Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users