137 replies to this topic

#71 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

You always get this with TV stuff - basically they treat you like shit, because the attitude is "you're lucky to be there, and it's free"

Once I was told I couldn't have priority tickets despite the fact I was going to make a special journey from the Midlands, I told them to stick it!

#72 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

*SPOILERS* - altho quite frankly if you're reading this I would expect you've looked to see what WAS sung ...

Sam Barks sang Another Suitcase in Another Hall
Nicole Scherzinger sang Evita
Michael Ball and Sierra Bogess sang All I Ask of You
DVO and Kimberley Walsh sang Take That Look Off Your Face with Pasha from Strictly dancing with them both

Micheal Ball sang with school choir Love Changes Everything with "surprise" finale appearance from Il Divo

#73 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Very beautiful piece on guitar by Milos from the new musical Stephen Ward.

It ran much later tonight - last night we were out on the street at about 9.20, tonight it was 10.20, two takes of Evita, two takes of All I Ask Of You.

I feel utterly blessed to have seen all the recordings.  My favourites would be
Myleene with Shakalaka Baby just for the sheer visual delight
Nicole for Evita - yes, honestly ... she really performed tonight
Tim Minchin because he is just wonderful
Michael and Sierra in All I Ask of You ...

The rapport between Michael Ball and Andrew Lloyd Webber was lovely - off camera asides as the crew set up stage, Micheal revealed he sang Edelwiesse and If I Were A Rich Man for his audition to Guildford School of Music, ALW hit the piano, and Michael sang Edelwisse so beautifully ....

There is a lot of chat - far more than I expected, some VT from David Essex, Michael Caine, Simon Cowell etc.

#74 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I enjoyed the chat too, though I expect that will be edited down & the impromptu singing was lovely.

I though Nicole very good, better than expected - and Sam Barks & Sierra were fantastic. And of course Michael Ball.

Kimberly Walsh should really stick to pop songs, TTLOYF would have been far improved by giving it to Denise VO as a solo. Although there is a refrain that can use 2 voices, it isn't a duet & made no sense as such. Nor did the three-way tango!

Milos was incredible, I'm interested to see how that fits into what sounds like a very British musical though...

ALW also confirmed that Love Never Dies will return, sounds like based on the Australian production (as the DVD).

It was a very good show & I look forward to watching the finished version on Easter Sunday - think they said 6.30pm?

And watching it when I am warm & dry, not drenched & grumpy from standing in the cold & wet for ages. Had a priority ticket that said turn up at 5.45, doors at 6, but it was at least 7pm before we were let in. There must be a better way to organise TV audiences, it's really unpleasant & uncomfortable standing in the elements, we nearly gave up & went home. How did the non-priority queue get on? Don't think I'd have risked it without.

But it was a lovely evening, with some special moments. I'd have liked a couple of dance numbers too, but I suppose we can't have everything, I look forward to Shakalaka Baby.

#75 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

I had two friends at the very front of the non-priority queue and they ended up sitting across the aisle from us, in front of Sierra's guests.  The last few through the door looked utterly, utterly frozen ...

I should have put that Nicole sang Don't Cry For Me Argentina, not "Evita".  But she so looked Evita-ish - I'd be really interested in the editing - as I said earlier, Myleene did an excellent dance routine for Shakalaka Baby but the VT we were show on Saturday evening did a lot of close ups and you didn't get the whole oomph of the entire stage.

Thought the dancers for the whole show were very good too.

And I think I'm in love with Michael Ball ....

#76 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Oh my, how could I have forgotten .... reminded by someone's tweets ...

ALW and MB singing Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - I may have blanked that from memory ..

#77 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yes, I think that was best glossed over...

#78 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Last night was amazing! (Well...once we actually made it inside!) I look forward to seeing it all edited and put together when it hits our screens on Sunday 30th! :D

#79 06s091

06s091

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostAnnT, on 18 March 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Oh my, how could I have forgotten .... reminded by someone's tweets ...

ALW and MB singing Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - I may have blanked that from memory ..

I wonder if that will be in the tv version... ;)

I've heard Michael sing it before though - he did it early in his solo career (and apparently at ALW's wedding)...
Found this sound clip on youtube:

#80 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lol I just heard Ball singing 'The Perfect Song' I do t think it's intended for a show but it's pretty funny, really reminded me of 'The Song That Goes Like This'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users