265 replies to this topic

#101 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I agree about the pricing though, purely the reason I booked the show as down for a matinee anyway and looking for an evening show and as they were £12 I kept my day cheap and booked them without knowing anything about the show at all, so not really sure what to expect having not read the book or seen the film. I do love the Palace though!

#102 les mis lover

les mis lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Are you saying the tickets are only £12.00?

#103 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yeah I got £12 from lastminute for previews

#104 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Cheapest tickets are £6.50 from the official site for previews (as they're half price). Don't recommend the balcony at the Palace though!

#105 les mis lover

les mis lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postsam22, on 08 July 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Yeah I got £12 from lastminute for previews
Are you able to provide a link please?

#106 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I booked and just hoped for an upgrade as it is previews :) i dont have the link from my phone butnit is just lastminute.com and then search for the commitments. I booked a while ago so not sure if still available.

#107 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

I agree canadian turtle but for that price can manage it

#108 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

View Postsam22, on 09 July 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

I agree canadian turtle but for that price can manage it

Since all tickets are half price for previews I think I'll get something in the £20 range instead to sit a few levels lower.

By the way, reason I mentioned it is because it's probably cheaper than lastminute.com. I've found in the past that lastminute.com often sell "cheap" seats that are at least equally cheap when buying straight from the box office (where you usually avoid booking fees!) if you're willing to sit back of the back/up in the gods.

#109 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Lastminute won't give seat numbers usually, booking directly heremeans you'll know where you are - and there are still some cheap seats available...

#110 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yeah I don't usually mind the seat and just book cheapest available.

Yeah I agree Canadian Turtle but I'm not in London so when booking in advance can't go to box office, think it depends on show though, £12.50 if you book with Nimax. I'm not sure about this show but because I see quite a few shows which aren't really popular and often go to midweek evenings or matinee I get upgraded so often which is why I book cheapest to start with. When I have a bit more money I would like the best seats but for now I just book cheap and hope for the best lol.

I've managed Chorus Line, Merrily We Roll, Ladykillers, Titanic, Commitments & Scottsboro Boys for a combined price of £85 so pretty happy for six shows and would rather do that than buy a blooming £85 premium seat!

EDIT: actually £84 and that includes all booking fees and a glass of champagne at Ladykillers! And was upgraded at Chorus Line & Merrily!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users