#511 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

How busy was it?
Shame act 2 is still a mess. No point in pruning if they don't get that sorted.

#512 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Sitting at the back of the stalls, I couldnt see the other levels, but if I base it on how busy the auditorium was, then I would say it was relatively full.  There were lots and lots of free tickets given out last night though (mine included) so imho, not a fair judge of the popularity as yet
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#513 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

DanielWhit, on 12 March 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Ah, what seat number were you? Figure it's entirely likely we were right by each other!

We were at the extreme end 48 / 49 I think
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#514 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Tina, on 12 March 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Sitting at the back of the stalls, I couldnt see the other levels, but if I base it on how busy the auditorium was, then I would say it was relatively full.  There were lots and lots of free tickets given out last night though (mine included) so imho, not a fair judge of the popularity as yet

I was under the impression they were all free tickets yesterday, and people I know got upper level so I assume it was full but it's of course not an accurate indication of sales as it was a special night.

I'm seeing it tonight (for the first time) and second act is supposed to be reworked during the day today so am curious what shape it'll be in!

#515 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Will it last till September?

#516 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

It will struggle til the Xfactor starts again and then that will be a 3 month advert for the show and it will run another 2 years

#517 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

2 years?  Not a hope.  It will be gone by the middle of next year at the latest.

#518 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

canadian_turtle, on 12 March 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

I was under the impression they were all free tickets yesterday, and people I know got upper level so I assume it was full but it's of course not an accurate indication of sales as it was a special night.

I'm seeing it tonight (for the first time) and second act is supposed to be reworked during the day today so am curious what shape it'll be in!

Yeah, last night was entirely freebies.

I somehow doubt the second half will be entirely fixed in one day, although stranger things have happened.

Personally, it needs new songs and an entire reshape of the second half for it to work - the first is alright, for the most part.

#519 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

It does feel like a lot of recent new musicals have launched in the West End that should have had an out-of-town try-out first, to really work on these kind of issues.

#520 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Kathryn2, on 12 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

It does feel like a lot of recent new musicals have launched in the West End that should have had an out-of-town try-out first, to really work on these kind of issues.

I imagine the reasons we rarely get out of town tryouts is because it's expensive to do and I imagine regional theatres rarely want a theatre dark for a period of time, DRS tried out in Manchester and Alyesbury but I imagine the show was designed to be tourable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users