• Please log in to reply
1118 replies to this topic

#1111 Icansinguk

Icansinguk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Love the theatre and always looking at the bright side of life..doh dum..doh dum..

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostAdrianics, on 14 April 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I do think the joke about Ashley Cole swings a bit too far towards 'cruel' and is pretty out-of-place considering the rest of the portrayals of real-life figures are more affectionate.

I did wonder about that, as i remember the 1st time I saw that scene Simon Cowell was sitting a few rows behind and I look to see his reaction.. and he laughed - although he probably new that was coming....

#1112 theatremoll

theatremoll

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Can't see upper circle ever being open when there are offers like this one which has just popped into my email         http://www.lastminut...8a80c17136c8856

#1113 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

ha i was about to post the same offer.

#1114 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Does lastminute not show you your seats

#1115 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Nope. But lovetheatre and discounttheatre do and they usually have similar offers. But the £21 fifth price stalls are a great deal no need to pay more really.

#1116 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Had problems in posting this for 10 days, but here goes.  My friend got free tickets through Talk Radio during previews and invited me.  We had God-awful seats, Row E Upper Circle.  We walked out disliking it – too bonkers, slap-stick nonsense.  My friend heartily disliked the stereotypes referred throughout – no spoilers but if you’ve seen it you know what I’m talking about.

I cursed myself for my foolishness in already having bought a front row £20 seat.  Went back and enjoyed it. It moved along at a better pace, I could appreciate the music and performances so much more without the distraction of the visual gags on second viewing.  And the visual gags were funnier somehow than I remembered.  And as bonkers as it is, I do like that dog!

It’s still not for me, though, but I do applaud a brave new British musical. I love Simon Bailey and Scott Garnham, saw the terrific <title of show> last year and feel they are both so much better than this.  Simon Bailey has a good part in Liam O’Deary, but it’s still an impersonation, and not the great talent I saw in A Little Night Music at Guildford last year.

The majority of the audience were having a funtime from what I saw.  Lots of empty seats on the side aisles in the stalls.  I would have said hello to musicalmadness, sat 2 seats away from me on the night I went, but he was with a friend and nattering to a pal in the orchestra pit in the interval ....

One comment overheard as I left - "I could have told you from the start what the problem was, it's written by Harry Hill".

#1117 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

thanks a million jaqs :)

#1118 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Arrived at the box office at around 10.10am right after I got my day seat for WWRY for tonight and got D17 in the Stalls for 20. What a bargain!

I couldn't see whether the Upper Circle was open, but Stalls and Dress Circle were pretty full - I could only spot a few empty seats here and there. But nobody knows how many of the seats were (heavily) discounted...
First act had ended at around 3.10pm and the second act commenced at 3.35pm, so roughly 25min interval.

I really enjoyed seeing the show for a second time. I didn't laugh that hard as at my first time as I knew what was happening next, but still found the show truly funny and entertaining. Cast were all amazing - Cynthia gets better and better every time (we do need a cast recording for her I Can't Sing).
Great score, I even sort of enjoyed Brenda's All Woman which I remember not liking that much three weeks ago. Personal highlights are If that's not entertainment, Please Simon and Missing you already - did I mention already that we need a cast recording?

I left the theatre with a huge smile and I'll definitely be returning (although I won't be able to see the show again until mid-June, as my upcoming trip in early May is already fully planned and booked through - they should play Friday Matinees instead of Thursdays). I'd prefer seeing I Can't sing anytime over say Phantom or Les Mis.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#1119 Icansinguk

Icansinguk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Love the theatre and always looking at the bright side of life..doh dum..doh dum..

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Yes a cast recording is a big must as the songs are infectious after hearing a couple of times. Well in town now but sadly not at the palladium :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users